Have you ever wanted to work on state-of-the-art serverless database systems that will make a lasting impact on technology? Do you have the passion to tackle tough problems by bringing extensible big data technologies to customers around the world? Come join Amazon Timestream, a brand new, highly scalable distributed database service that is poised to disrupt the industry!
What is Timestream?
Timestream is a fast, scalable, serverless time series database service that makes it easy to store and analyze trillions of events per day in a cost-efficient manner. We are developing innovative new capabilities from the ground up that will transform the way customers analyze their data while also giving them high performance, low costs, and exceptional ease-of-use. Timestream serves customers in a variety of use cases from DevOps applications for monitoring health and usage metrics to IoT applications for analyzing time series data using built-in analytic functions such as smoothing, approximation, and interpolation. Timestream features a fully decoupled architecture where data ingestion, storage, and query can scale independently, allowing it to offer virtually infinite scale for an application's needs.
If you are interested in designing and implementing large-scale distributed data systems, have a high quality bar and a passion for solving challenging problems, we need you! Come innovate with us!
Key job responsibilities
In this role, you'll design and deliver large-scale, high performance production systems for durably ingesting and storing data into our distributed database. You will have a significant bottom-line impact on our business results. You will have the opportunity to develop deep expertise in areas like distributed systems, storage engines, open source applications and performance optimization, and contribute to the leading open source big data and analytic frameworks like Hive, Spark, and Presto.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Strong knowledge and experience coding in one of the following programming languages: Java, C, C++, Go, or Scala
- Strong at applying data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design, to solve challenging problems
- 2+ years of hands on experience in software development, including design, implementation, debugging, and operation of scalable system software and/or services
- Good understanding of distributed systems and web services technology
- Experience working with REST and RPC service patterns or other client/server interaction models
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Experience with serverless, big data, ETL technologies at scale.
- Proficiency with open source technologies such as Presto, Hive, Apache Spark, or Apache Impala.
- Familiarity with JDBC/ODBC, SQL query processing, and distributed query engines including query optimization
- Experience in measuring and improving system performance and efficiency
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for SDLC management, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
- Experience communicating with customers, peer technical teams, and management, to collect requirements, describe product features, and influence outcomes in technical decision-making.
- Master's degree, PhD, or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming