Are you interested in being a part of the newly launched Amazon Explore (https://www.amazon.com/explore)? It's a brand new product. We're looking for a great Software Development Engineer to join us in owning and improving our product. We're building an exciting new marketplace of virtual experiences, allowing customers to virtually travel to wildlife refuges in Costa Rica, visit temples in Japan, or shop in Tel Aviv.
We are a cross-platform, customer-obsessed team, working on big bets in an innovative environment. Our mission is to invent and simplify large-scale solutions and bring the future to Amazon customers.
What you will do here?
You will join a recently formed and rapidly expanding team that owns cross-platform development on Amazon Explore.
In this role you will:
- Have a test-first mentality to prevent issues from affecting customers. You understand the nuances and challenges with cross-platform development.
- Write maintainable code, perform peer code-reviews, write technical design documents, and participate in technical design discussions.
- Work in a team environment to collaborate and strive for consensus by making data-driven decisions.
- Advocate for code re-usability across multiple products. Have the ability to span the full-stack whenever necessary.
- Work in an Agile environment to continuously deliver high quality software.
- Have a high attention to detail, working closely with business and technical stakeholders to drive measurable results.
What you will get from us?
We are a team that cares about your work-life balance, while challenging you to solve problems at Amazon scale. You will be part of a strong team in an environment where agile development is embraced and innovation is encouraged. You will get support and resources from some of the smartest people in the industry to continue your personal and professional growth. You will build software that will improve people's lives.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design, contributing to the architecture and design of new and current systems
- Strong track record in designing and implementing large scale consumer facing applications
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming