AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider-from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases-to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) enables customers to secure their workloads in the cloud by providing authentication and authorization mechanisms to all of AWS. We enable our customers to manage their credentials and access policies in the AWS cloud. We operate some of the largest distributed systems in the world, processing millions of transactions per second world-wide.
We are looking for a strong Engineering Manager to build and lead a talented team responsible for adding customer-facing features and bringing creative solutions to building strong but comprehensible identity systems. Individuals interested in this position should have experience in building and operating high-performing, reliable services at internet scale, as well as software engineering leadership skills to manage and grow a very talented engineering/DevOps organization.
- Defining and delivering on long-term product strategy for AWS Identity and Access Management services.
- Operational ownership of low-latency, high-availability Authentication and Authorization services used by all of AWS globally.
- Recruiting, hiring, mentoring, coaching, retaining and performance management for a best-in-class engineering team.
- Communicating development, quality, operations, and system performance to senior leadership
- Ownership and continuous improvement of all operational metrics and automation tools for your team's software.
- Executing against project plans and delivery commitments; Managing day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
Learn and Be Curious. We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Inclusion and Diversity. Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/ BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Master's/Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or engineering
- Proven skills designing and developing simple solutions to complex, customer challenges.
- 5+ years' experience developing software
- 3+ years' experience managing software development teams
- Experience leading and developing highly-skilled software engineering teams
- Experience forming teams and recruiting software engineers and managers
- Good understanding of various platforms and technologies (AWS, Java, Python, C#, Ruby)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with AWS technologies
- Practical experience with software engineering best practices
- Proven track record building high-functioning software development teams
- Proven track record operating internet-scale low-latency services and client components
- Experience with mission-critical service-oriented software systems
- Experience with Identity, Authentication and Authorization services is a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming