Ever wondered how AWS (think of S3, EC2, DynamoDB, and more), the Amazon retail web site, Alexa, Prime Video, and hundreds of other services are available 24 hours a day, across the world, yet are continually evolving?
Apollo is the answer!
The Apollo team (part of AWS Builder Tools organization) owns the software and systems that helps Amazon's massive developer team community build the cutting edge services and technology that Amazon is known for. Our systems deliver the technology that powers fully-automated continuous deployment workflows and dynamic scaling for some of the world's largest services. We execute millions of deployments to millions of hosts every day
Apollo make it possible for every developer at Amazon to rapidly change their running applications without ever having to take an outage. Every engineer uses it every day. In Apollo, everything we do goes into production and is instantly used by tens of thousands of other engineers.
What we do makes a difference, and we're not done yet! We are looking for developers who are passionate about making managing applications in the cloud work for everyone. We have so much more we want to do. Interested in providing containers and serverless infrastructure to Amazon engineers, not just using them? We should talk.
If you have what we're looking for, come join a strong team in a highly-visible organization. You will have a significant impact on Amazon's massively distributed software development environment and help us to build the best continuous deployment and fleet management system in the world.
Help us to write the next generation of systems that controls the software on millions of servers, for tens of thousands of applications, while delivering on the promise of elastic capacity. We want to make it as easy as possible for application owners to create rapid change, and we need developers who are excited to make managing applications in the cloud work for everyone.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Strong problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency with computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Experience with distributed computing, Linux, Docker, and Java
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming