As part of EY's focus on the people agenda of organizations and change initiatives, our People Advisory Services professionals assist our clients in successfully managing and sustaining people, process and/or technology change. This may include the identification and management of stakeholders, leadership development, organizational design, training, cultural assessment and development, talent management, workforce strategies, and planning and executing key communications. The opportunity
We are looking for Software Architects
to join the Learning Lab team This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a leading global professional services organisation whilst being instrumental in growth of the WFA Learning Lab team. When you join the Global Learning Lab
, you'll be at the heart of EY's critical mission to build a better working world by applying your knowledge, skills and experience in assisting clients in meeting their business objectives. Specifically, you will work with a dynamic and cross-functional team creating the content of behaviour-changing digital solutions for clients from our GDS Learning Lab. You will learn, grow and contribute-building new relationships and discovering the satisfaction that comes with producing high-quality, valued work and advice. Your key responsibilities
The Software Architect position is accountable for coding web-based, digital training. You will work closely with other PAS professionals to deliver exceptional client service on a variety of digital training engagements. Software Architects at this level are expected to be highly proficient in at least one relevant programming language as well as have a willingness to learn other relevant programming languages. This position will work closely with more senior members of the team but will also be expected to be an independent worker in some cases.
• Prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle to develop high-quality software architecture • Deliver exceptional client service on a variety of digital learning engagements • Work with project team members to: Skills and attributes for success
• design algorithms and flowcharts • create technical documentation for reference and reporting • produce clean, efficient code based on specifications • Integrate software components with third-party programs and troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software • Gather and evaluate user feedback and recommend improvements
• High integrity and commitment to work in a new and challenging environment • Ability to manage ambiguity and be proactive • Strong communication and presentation skills • Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity • High energy levels, agility and adaptability • Good understanding of own strengths and areas for improvement • Eager to help others and willing to ask for and accept help • Use of coding standards and quality practices for development • Willingness to learn new programming languages and frameworks Skills and Attributes for Back-End-Focused Applicants
• MySQL experience and writing SQL queries • Experience writing applications in PHP • Database architecting experience • Experience implementing SSO solutions • Experience interfacing with Web APIs Skills and Attributes for Front-End-Focused Applicants
• 3 - 5 years of relevant experience preferably in software consulting domain
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science • Recommended to have worked in a consulting environment on global client projects in areas of software development • Ability to clearly articulate programming decisions, suggestions and feedback • Strong self-motivation to learn new skills on the job Ideally, you'll also have
• Professionals who are independent, self-motivated, proactive, results-oriented and able to provide a high level of customer satisfaction through the delivery of world-class support services. Apart from day-to-day activities, the candidate is expected to be involved in strategic planning to grow the team. • Technical experts with commercial acumen, relevant experiences and high degree of enthusiasm to adapt and learn in a fast-moving environment • Professionals who are willing to work in an environment of continual professional development, drive to take on new responsibilities and projects and work experiences with clients across geographies About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now!