Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!Job Skills / Requirements
The Shift Supervisor is responsible for the direct supervision and monitoring of all security related duties for their shift which they are in charge of. They are to ensure that all security operations are adhered to and that policies and procedures of both the client and Paladin Security Group are followed. You are responsible for all aspects of Paladins day to day business at your site; you are the frontline representative and extension of the Paladin Management Team.
As a Paladin Supervisor you're expected to assist with the continued development of all officers working at your site as well as the enforcement and development of new and existing policies and procedures. You should ensure that all paperwork (ex. DARs, Incident Reports, Vacation Requests, etc.) is completed in full and to the standards expected by Paladin and our Clients. You are expected to investigate all issues/complaints brought forward to you and pass those findings on to the rest of the Paladin Management Team.
In the most basic terms, a Paladin Supervisor will work closely with their assigned Site Supervisor/Client Service Manager to ensure that all of the needs of the Client are being met and that the security department at their site is running in the most effective manner possible.Specific Duties
Education Requirements (Any)
- The duties of the Shift Supervisors are to run the shift and the staff with it effectively. This includes (administratively) daily paperwork which listed are incident reports and that the reports are entered into Perspective Dispatch (where applicable), daily log sheet, contractor sign in/out sheet, shift sign in log, memo book and monthly audit forms.
- Operational requirements that must be met include the following but are not limited to; escorts, daily unlocks and lock ups, accesses, and any emergency response that arises (i.e. Fire alarms, first aid calls and such...)
- Shift Supervisors are responsible for ensuring all incidents reports written during their shifts are legible and comprehendible and all accounted for.
- Shift Supervisors will be first response to all major emergencies and command their shift to react accordingly until further management can attend. This may require dealing with emergency agencies that come on campus or directly with the client.
- The Shift Supervisors must also have knowledge of the Operation Manuals and the information at base to contact whomever is necessary.
- Shift Supervisors are also responsible for ensuring open communication amongst their staff and with the Site Supervisor. Problems with morale, or with staff, must be reported immediately to ensure that the shifts run smoothly.
- Shift Supervisors will ensure the desk area is kept clean and that all binders are audited weekly to ensure outdated paperwork is removed from binders.
- Shift Supervisors will ensure the base area has all keys and passes accounted for and will not distribute any equipment without checking proper identification of staff or contractors.
- Shift Supervisors will check the pertinent email accounts and print off necessary memos for the appropriate binders signing their names at the bottom as having completed this task.
- Shift Supervisors must ensure all officers have been briefed properly at the beginning and end of their shifts and that the officers on their shifts have received their breaks in a timely manner.
- Shift Supervisors must ensure all staff is present before they themselves leave the site and will stay if no other officer is able until a suitable replacement is on site.
- Shift Supervisor will regularly audit the notebooks of the officers ensuring the high quality of security personal we are to have at the site. This information is to be recorded and reported to the Site Supervisor.
- Shift Supervisors will contact the Site Supervisor after hours for all major emergencies and will document this in an Incident Report and in the Dispatch Log.
- Shift Supervisors who issue a disciplinary citation or accolade citation will forward the paperwork to the Site Supervisor as soon as able.
High School Diploma/GEDAdditional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance
This job reports to the Site Supervisor
This is a Full-Time
Number of Openings for this position: 1
Law Enforcement and Security