To provide supervision to the Services areas in the store; including cash, copy and technology services. Will have direct accountability for all cash and service associates. Depending on volume, will have accountability for copy and technology services associates. Required to take an active role in maximizing sales and ensuring complete customer satisfaction. Assesses and evaluates direct reports, and takes a lead role in providing guidance, training and coaching on company initiatives, sales programs and product knowledge to maximize sales and earnings. This associate will also have keyholder responsibilities (open and closing the store) and will perform Manager on Duty shifts. Primary Responsibilities: SALES LEADERSHIP
• Partners with management to set sales goals and targets. Ensures team understands connection between store financial success and bonus programs. GENERAL LEADERSHIP
• Leads, promotes and coaches selling and cultivates an inspired selling culture with associates.
Maximizes sales opportunities by leveraging the sales capabilities of associates by using current selling techniques and company programs.
• Accountable for the prevention and resolution of customer issues by ensuring a high level of customer service is provided by associates.
• Models, promotes and partners with management to hold others accountable for customer service excellence in the Services departments.
• Partners with management to oversee coordination and execution of services and maximizes department productivity.
Responsible to execute, communicate and ensure understanding of flyer or promotional items.
• Accountable for services operations and takes on additional responsibilities in the absence of management. GENERAL ADMINISTRATION
• Participates in the recruitment, hiring and onboarding processes for the services departments.
• Accountable for training and coaching associates in all aspects of services and customer engagement.
• Partners with management to execute Performance Development Reviews (PDR's) in a timely manner, ensures action plans are in place and follows up on development of associates.
• Partners with management to performance manage direct reports including documentation.
• Participates in the Manager on Duty program.
• Responsible for closing and opening of the store.
• Has a complete understanding of all company policies and procedures related to this position, as outlined in the training checklist.
• Accountable to understand general company policies and provide guidance to staff as needed.
• Ensures associates check and understand all sources of communication for information (white boards, bulletin boards, portal, etc).
• Identifies and communicates suggestions for improvements in all areas of business and supports process excellence standards and initiatives.
• Ensures the general cleanliness of workstations, lunchroom and washrooms according to company standards is maintained.
• Promotes and maintains a safe working environment and follows all company protocols for safety and is required to report any unsafe working conditions to a manager.
• Partners with the Warranty Depot Hubs and CPC Superhubs to ensure customer service needs are met.
• Responsible for counting the safe, preparing and making daily bank deposits, completing paperwork and keypunching cashier totals on a daily basis. LOSS PREVENTION / PRIVACY
• Maintains and sustains an efficient filing system for all relevant paperwork as per company standards.
• Accountable to maintain the day to day operation of the Cash on Delivery (C.O.D) process including reporting, transactions, payments and collections as per company policy.
• Facilitates the front office till procedures per policy.
• Monitors adequate inventory levels and places orders for all register and related supplies.
• Tracks all cash over/shorts, communicates results to management and follows up with associates.
• Monitors and investigates cashier infractions, merchandise and copy cards, phone cards, price overrides, count integrity and lease transactions.
• Researches Not Sufficient Funds (NSF) cheques and credit card chargebacks when required.
• Ensures proper collection and storage of sales media (i.e. paperwork, credit/debit slips, till totals, etc)
• Prepares necessary paperwork and ensures accuracy of weekly sales audit packages.
• Prepares and places coin orders as needed.
• Monitors and maintains accurate records for petty cash transactions.
• Keys out store-use and merchandise as requested.
• Accountable for the input and integrity of paperwork. Responsible to forward for approval to appropriate manager and/or home office.
• Accountable for the completion of the weekly health check.
• Follows proper store opening and closing procedures, including alarm checks and security walks. Basic:
• Supports all privacy policies and processes in the store to ensure compliance.
• Proactively models and ensures team's understanding of and adherence to all privacy policies and procedures.
• Models and ensures team properly secures company assets and physical inventory and follows all loss prevention and key control procedures.
• As per policy, required to have personal parcels (bags, totes, backpacks, purses, etc.) checked by a manager prior to leaving the store premises. As a keyholder, this position is required to verify bag checks.
• Sales Leadership 40%
• General Leadership 35%
• General Administration 20%
• Loss Prevention/Privacy 5%
• Demonstrates leadership ability. Preferred:
• Ability to make decisions with integrity that supports company guidelines and makes good business sense.
• Ability to resolve customer concerns in a diplomatic manner.
• Ability to engage customers in a friendly and professional manner.
• Capacity to communicate with customers effectively using a variety of mediums.
• Ability to plan, organize and prioritize efficiently to effectively handle their daily responsibilities and serve our customers.
• Ability to work effectively with ongoing distractions is necessary.
• Can engage appropriately and work as part of a team.
• Capacity to work independently and seek out assistance as required.
• 3-4 Years of Retail customer service is preferred. Education:
• 1-3 years in a supervisory role with direct accountability for achieving sales and service targets is preferred.
• Successful completion of high school is preferred. Additional Information:
• Conditions of the work environment are such that minor stress or physical discomfort may occur.
• Exposure to moderately disagreeable levels of noise generated by the copy equipment and the ringing of the telephone and internal paging system.
• Required to work a varying work schedule in order to meet the needs of the business. This would include working evenings and weekends as directed by management.
Customer Service and Support Retail