Within EY's Service Delivery Center IT Advisory practice, we are currently seeking Staff level to participate in multiple client engagement teams and other related activities. This professional will serve as a fieldwork leader of our IT Advisory services based out of Halifax. While the majority of work would be Halifax, travel to the US and other Provinces will be required. The successful candidates have successful track record as a leader amongst their peers, in their field, and in their community, and are ready for the next stage of their career journey. Your key responsibilities
As a Staff, you'll be responsible for Application development and support, Technical analysis of new and existing features and Technical documentation. Willingness to travel. Skills and attributes for success
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, including ability to reverse-engineer existing software;
• Good organizational skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision as well as effectively within a team;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are mandatory To qualify for the role you must have
• A University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered;
• Junior 0-3 years of experience
• Capable of participating in software design, implementation and unit testing activities as well as supporting functional, system and user acceptance testing;
• Experience with standard development techniques and technologies including source control, test-driven-design, continuous integration, IDEs, structured or agile methodologies;
• Familiarity with standalone, server-side and/or front-end application development;
• Experience with Java, C#/.Net, or other high level programming languages;
• Familiarity with database technologies including SQL based databases (MS-SQL or Oracle);
• Interest in learning Guidewire;
• Experience with RPA tools (UI Path, Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere and Pega) Ideally, you'll also have
• Experience with multiple languages and environments;
• Experience with mobile-oriented development (native or responsive web design);
• Experience with service-oriented architecture, web services, and similar technologies;
• Consulting experience; and
• Experience with RPA tools (UI Path, Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere and Pega)
• Experience working in the public, healthcare, GIS, pharmaceutical, insurance or financial sectors; What we look for
We're interested in passionate leaders with a strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the IT Advisory space. If you have a strong passion for helping businesses achieve their IT strategy, this role is for you. What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance