EY's people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of IT advisory, audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
Our Performance Improvement and Risk practices within Advisory Services, provide comprehensive advisory services through a suite of strategic, outsourcing, and industry-focused operational services to clients. These services help companies around the world evaluate and enhance their positions with operational improvement, risk mitigation and customer relationship management.
We are seeking consummate team players with a strong work ethic and excellent consulting skills for an exciting opportunity to help build a small practice within a global firm in the role of Senior Consultant, Financial Planning - Quality Review Service in our Halifax, NS office. This individual will be part of a high performing team, focused on assisting clients in the area of financial planning quality control and support, outsourcing advisory, management reporting and data analytics. They will have a client-centric mindset, but use a risk-based approach to ensuring the highest quality standards of financial plan review and support. Responsibilities
• Review completed financial plans using a standardized methodology Identify minor and major concerns with completed plans, and provide commentary; Required Experience/ Skills
• Handle large volumes of support requests (calls and e-mails) from frontline Investment Advisors regarding technical and non-technical questions;
• Develop proficiency with required financial planning software and reporting tools;
• Help coach and develop Junior Consultants in the areas of financial planning, quality review and support;
• Keep abreast of current and evolving financial planning standards;
• Perform data-driven analysis to provide insights into emerging trends and opportunities for improvement;
• Identify areas for process efficiency enhancements;
• Demonstrate high levels of technical and professional knowledge;
• Display teamwork, integrity and leadership; and
• Meet agreed-upon service level targets for plans reviewed, and quality of output.
To qualify for this challenging and rewarding opportunity, candidates must have:
• a bachelor's degree in business or a related field with a minimum of three years' experience in the financial services industry, preferably in wealth and asset management; EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
• a Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Professional Financial Planner (PFP), or equivalent designation;
• Professionally proficient in both French and English;
• strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills; and
• Demonstrated consistency in values, principles, and work ethic.