MDA, Canada&rsquo s foremost space company known for our historic technology from the CanadArm on the International Space Station, Dexter on Mars Rover, and many satellites including Satellites (i.e. RadarSat) is seeking a Tech Recruiter to grow our team across multiple business units in Canada, and Globally.
MDA has a full time permanent opportunity for a Senior Technical Recruiter / Talent Acquisition Adviso r
for the Halifax
location. The incumbent will have a proven track record in full cycle recruiting in a high paced corporate environment. You will be responsible for full cycle recruitment for a variety of positions locally and across Canada.
We are looking for someone that has a true passion for people, understands how to create value and has a demonstrable track record of delivering superior hiring results.
Reporting to the Director of Talent &ndash Canada, the Senior Technical Recruiter
is responsible for assisting in the Talent Acquisition strategy and operational plans and works in partnership with Business Leaders. Who we are looking for:
In recruiter circles, you are known for your ability to hire needles in a haystack, unicorns & purple squirrels. You like a challenge, and you are tenacious with the ability to demonstrate pushback and a sense of urgency, ultimately understanding the value of providing amazing customer service to both clients & candidates. Responsibilities
- Proactively approach and secure the best talent in both local and global markets.
- Source, recruit and hire professionals across a wide range of roles & business units from software to scientists, systems engineers and a range of corporate positions.
- Develop strong relationships with hiring managers, key stakeholders, candidates and HR leaders across the MAXAR Technologies Group of companies.
- Continue to build a strong brand in the market, proactively network, cold call, and build passive candidate networks.
- Recommend ideas and strategies related to recruitment that will contribute to the long-range growth of the company.
- Acts as the subject matter expert on market trends and opportunities through data intelligence and expertise and delivers to leaders and leadership.
- Participate in special projects/recruiting initiatives, including assessment of best practices in interviewing techniques, new ATS implementation or leveraging of internal sources of talent and identification of top performers for senior-level openings.
- Advocates for the talent agenda within the business, building knowledge and networks of talent, integrating talent with other HR processes (such as resourcing, succession planning, leadership development, and learning) and promoting the flow of talent across all other business units.
- Sourcing top talent using a variety of methods including job postings, social media, networking, referrals, career fairs, campus visits and direct sourcing/cold calling.
- Prescreen candidates by phone, conduct interviews, make recommendations and coordinate interviews with hiring managers.
- Provide excellent customer service to candidates, give feedback, and build pipelines.
- General administrative duties - maintaining accurate files, preparing offer letters, references and background checks.
- Diagnoses and specifies HR needs of the business and functions by understanding the service delivery model and key HR processes.
- Relevant Bachelor&rsquo s degree or equivalent, MBA would be considered an asset
- Minimum 5-10 years of related experience in a HR and/or Talent Acquisition role.
- Experience working with a high volume of requisitions in a complex, multi-disciplined engineering organization.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to independently.
- Proficient technological knowledge of - MS Office, ATS, LinkedIn, various job boards.
- Experienced using a range of platforms to source from StackOverflow, GitHub, LinkedIn, Slack etc.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills coupled with the ability to work with key stakeholders.
- Agency Experience or a strong track record of proactive sourcing, headhunting and driving for results in challenging markets.
- Results-oriented, metrics driven, and the candidate experience is, seriously important to you!
- Experience deploying best in class Talent Management processes and approaches including identification of high potentials.
- Ability, tenacity and drive to navigate through ambiguity and deliver relevant solutions effectively.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
Posted: October 19, 2018
Closes: December 18, 2018