Are you keen to have large scale impact in the work that you do? Do you want to work with experienced engineers who are developing leading-edge technical solutions? If you do, we would be thrilled to have the opportunity to discuss why you should consider MDA.
MDA is seeking a proven Senior System Engineer for our Dartmouth, NS office
that leads system engineering activities required to establish detailed technical baselines for our systems and drive these systems through to successful delivery and into operations. The successful candidate should have experience in all phases of a large integrated hardware / software system and understand what it means to apply the system engineering discipline to each phase of the life-cycle.
The candidate has proven experience leveraging this knowledge into leading teams and managing software focused projects that also have a considerable hardware component. The candidate must be self-motivated with excellent communication and people skills. This will be an exciting opportunity to work with our customers and projects teams, demonstrate leadership over significant system scope, establish baselines, manage change, and support the implementation and test teams as the work progresses to completion. Responsibilities
The candidate will have the responsibility and authority to manage projects in high technology, engineering domains using the latest systems engineering and software technologies. You will build, motivate and lead project teams, with support from various departments that will provide specialist staff, to achieve the project objectives. You will be responsible for leading teams of software/system engineers and professionals through an entire software/system development cycle, including
- Establish and demonstrate ownership in all phases of the life-cycle for integrated hardware and software systems
- Proven ability to lead projects, leading teams through requirements analysis, full hardware/software/system development life cycle, taking the project to successful delivery and sign off by the customer
- Proven ability to
- build and deliver quality engineering solutions within an approved budget and schedule
- plan projects, track project status, and control project variances
- procure resources
- effectively communicate with external and internal stakeholders
- pro-actively identify and manage risks
- resolve contractual issues
- manage subcontractors
- Experience building strong, well-motivated project teams
- Experience managing fixed-price or cost plus projects where you dealt with significant risks relating to scope, technology, cost and schedule.
- Knowledge of project and risk management techniques and tools with a thorough understanding of software and hardware development processes and methodologies.
- Creating engineering solutions that are attractive to our customers and are cost-effective
- Translating our customer&rsquo s needs and priorities into detailed technical requirements and baselines
- Supporting the system engineer function with &ldquo proof of concept&rdquo work to validate solutions
- Working with the customer and project teams to manage change to established baselines
- Communicating software architecture views to our customers and internal teams
- Acting as the subject matter expert and technical authority over significant technical scope
- Supporting project teams as work is estimated, planned, executed and completed
- Participating in integration, testing, acceptance and deployment of software applications
- Assisting in troubleshooting problems in a software production environment
- Identifying and incorporating potential technological advances in line with the long-term goals of the customer&rsquo s business
- Supporting business development, providing bid and proposal management support, including customer liaison, solution and costing preparation and review to help win/sustain business
- A University degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Science or other relevant discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in systems engineering
- 10+ years of relevant systems engineering experience
- Ability to keep the big picture in mind while maintaining a commitment to successful completion within project budget and schedule constraints
- Capable of managing scope and dynamically prioritizing many complex activities and stakeholders.
- Able to make technical decisions in consultation and maintain close working relationships with all stakeholders (including customers) throughout a project&rsquo s lifecycle.
- Possess exceptional leadership skills, and strong interpersonal skills, and enjoy working extensively with clients, partners and project team members, building effective and lasting relationships
- Experience in one or more of the following domains would be an asset: Aerospace, Defence or Maritime C2
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and effective presentation skills
Successful candidate(s) must be able to o btain security clearance at the NATO level and Controlled Goods certification is required for this position.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Using the latest technology to change the world. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
Posted: February 16, 2019
Closes: April 17, 2019