Why WSP? Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new thingsWSP
is currently seeking to fill the position of Senior Project Manager, Maritime for our Transportation Business Line in Quebec.
Our global team of specialists in diverse areas of port, maritime and coastal engineering is focused on the planning, design and construction of port facilities, maritime infrastructure and coastal facilities. We offer innovative, value-engineered solutions that draw on decades of experience and a thorough understanding of the challenges and risks of this multifaceted domain. We are committed to integrating the principles of environmental assessment and sustainable development into each and every stage of our projects. Our task as strategic partners is to help our clients make their vision a reality.
Reporting to the Manager of Projects, the Senior Project Manager will have a strong background in civil infrastructure and will be responsible for the project management, design coordination and business development of the Ports, Marine and Coastal business.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overall management of projects in the maritime sector throughout its lifecycle (from concept to detailed engineering to tender for construction) and as such responsible for the full scope of the project; including planning, scheduling, allocating resources, budgeting and ensuring the work is delivered on time, within budget, to the full satisfaction of the Client
- Establishing the scope of work, managing the implementation calendar, tracking project timetables in relation to client's objectives and requirements
- Conducting and supporting design of ports (container terminals, oil and gas, bulk, cruise terminals etc.), coastal structures including shoreline stabilization studies (rock revetment, seawalls, beach nourishment etc.) and maritime works (harbours, wharves, quay walls, marinas, jetties, breakwaters, navigation channel, dredging etc.)
- Creating technical and commercial proposals, tender documents, methodologies, projects plans, schedules, specifications, quality and health and safety plans, risk registers, budgets, cost control and change management plans; Undertaking commercial negotiations, conclude terms and conditions, execute contract administration
- Participating in the preparation of reports, drawings and specifications and coordinating and supervising the project team; Undertaking review and approval of all technical deliverables for ports, marine and coastal deliverables.
- Delivering planning studies and feasibility studies for marine facilities, undertaking site selection and cost-benefit analysis. Reviewing and commenting on business plans created by Clients
- Managing and developing conceptual options, preliminary designs and engineering sketches to support various level of studies.
- Coordinating and supporting survey planning and measurements protocol (in-situ data collection)
- Management of and contributing to the preparation of written deliverables such as reports and technical notes;
- Managing interdisciplinary coordination on projects with the various business units (port planning & operations, coastal engineering, onshore infrastructure engineering, geotechnical, environmental consultancy, etc.)
- Maintaining exceptional client relations, undertaking business development tasks as required
- Providing mentorship and coaching to less experienced staff, share lessons learned with the wider organization
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering preferably with a master's degree in ports, marine structures, coastal engineering, maritime hydraulics, or oceanography (or equivalent)
- A minimum of 10 - 15 years of relevant project delivery experience in ports engineering, marine structures, coastal engineering, maritime hydraulics, or oceanography (or equivalent)
- Autonomy and professional skills for project management and ability to work in team with limited guidance
- Experience in engineering consulting is considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive, collaborative approach
- Bilingual (English, French)
- Experience in engineering consultancy in Canada;
- Licensed by the P.E.O., APEGGA or Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec is an asset
- Must have strong presentation and communication skills in both English and French
- Proven leadership coupled with the ability to work under high pressure with a sense of urgency
- Must be both a leader and a team player
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Management and Executive