Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
TD Wealth, Private Wealth Management (PWM) provides high-net worth (HNW) clients with holistic discovery and planning towards customized wealth advice and solutions. Based on the commitment to discovering and achieving what truly matters to each client, PWM leverages a distinct discovery process and an integrated, team-based approach to build a wealth strategy that reflects each client's unique needs. As part of the commitment to OneTD, team members collaborate closely with each other to fully franchise the client while delivering the full spectrum of PWM Services - Private Investment Advice, Private Investment Counsel, Private Banking, Private Trust and Wealth Advisory Services.
Private Banking (PB) specializes in offering complex banking and credit management to affluent HNW clients, their families and businesses in order to meet unique and sophisticated financial needs. Private Banking clients receive the highest degree of personal attention in all of their financial dealings—from day-to-day banking, to business and personal credit, to individually structured wealth management solutions. Job Description
- Onboard clients and act as a trusted RM for those introduced to PB from any source (i.e. Private Banking Wealth Advisor, (WA).
- Provide high touch service to clients that is in line with their expectations
- Recommend, implement and service of all banking related products and solutions (credit and cash management)
- Apply deep knowledge of the following in order to ensure that clients receive a legendary HNW client experience:
- Banking products and solutions
- Banking processes systems and operations
- Understand and interpret the elements of Financial Planning Plans (i.e. advice recommendations).
- Assess that PB products/solutions continue to meet client needs, on a proactive basis and make recommendations as needed.
- Participate in the local community by acting as a brand ambassador in support of TDBG charities and initiatives.
- Work closely with key partners in Private Wealth Management, HNW Direct Investing and the broader TD organization to provide clients with integrated HNW solutions.
- Understand and assess pre-established financial plans of varying complexity and make banking product/solution recommendations.
- Represent Private Wealth Management and TDBG to the general public in a professional manner.
- Identify opportunities in the existing client base to refer to Wealth, Commercial and other parts of TDBG to increase TD's share of wallet.
- Maximize profitability through a consistent application of the Private Banking fees and pricing.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of PB, TDBG policies and procedures, industry trends and protect the interests and reputation of TDBG and its clients by continuous compliance to them
- Plan and execute business development activities, review and communicate results, and adjust tactics accordingly
- Promote and offer full suite of products, sales, services and banking capabilities
- Contribute to business objectives for Operational Excellence
- Ensure necessary due diligence to support the accuracy of all customer transactions / activities
- Protect the interests of the organization - identify and manage risks, and escalate non-standard, high risk transactions / activities as necessary
- Actively manage relationships within and across various business lines/ corporate and/or control functions and ensure alignment with enterprise and/or regulatory requirements
- Participate in cross-functional / enterprise initiatives as a subject matter expert helping to provide guidance for complex situations
- Keep abreast of emerging issues, trends, and evolving regulatory requirements and assess potential impacts
- Maintain a culture of risk management and control, supported by effective processes in alignment with risk appetite
- Assume responsibility to minimize operational and regulatory risk by complying with Bank and industry Code of Conduct
- Participate fully as a member of the team, support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
- Provide thought leadership and/ or industry knowledge for own area of expertise in own area and participate in knowledge transfer within the team and business unit
- Keep current on emerging trends/ developments and grow knowledge of the business, related tools and techniques
- Participate in personal performance management and development activities, including cross training within own team
- Keep others informed and up-to-date about the status / progress of projects and / or all relevant or useful information related to day-to-day activities
- Contribute to team development of skills and capabilities through mentorship of others, by sharing knowledge and experiences and leveraging best practices.
- Lead, motivate and develop relationships with internal and external business partners / stakeholders to develop productive working relationships.
- Contribute to a fair, positive and equitable environment that supports a diverse workforce
- Act as a brand ambassador for your business area/function and the bank, both internally and/or externally.
- Knowledge in lending and product solution fulfillment in Banking Products.
- General knowledge across all Wealth products and solutions with deep knowledge of all credit, cash management, investments and specifically complex credit.
- Proven ability to identify Banking, Wealth and Commercial opportunities for referral and fulfillment with other lines of business.
- High degree of capability in building deep relationships with HNW clients and establishing HNW relationships with Private Banking and Private Wealth.
- Work collaboratively with Partners in Private Wealth, Wealth and TD.
- Strong knowledge of banking and risk, operations and procedures.
- Execute business plan(s) and/or contributes to the development of sales strategy
- Adapts integrated plans and priorities to meet sales operational objectives
- Anticipates longer term resource requirements
- Identifies and solves complex sales operational problems
- Communicates difficult sales concepts; converts information to compelling sales opportunities; influences and gains alignment across increasingly senior
- Undergraduate Degree
- Completion of Canadian Securities Course (CSC) or Investment Funds in Canada (IFIC)
- Completion of the Personal Financial Planner (PFP) or Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation
- Professional designations such as the Certified Retirement Specialist (CRS), Chartered Strategic Wealth Professional (CSWP), Chartered Investment Manager (CIM), Trust & Estate Practitioner (TEP) are desirable.
- English/Mandarin bilingualism is considered a strong asset.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Banking, Finance and Insurance