You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG, you'll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
Canada's Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) program is one of the country's largest tax incentive programs. It is intended to create a supportive environment for Canadians to carry out research and development (R&D) and foster technological innovation. The program has existed in one form or another for over 50
years. KPMG's Tax Incentives Practice (TIP) consists of a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and accountants that assist our clients to obtain tax savings through incentive programs like SR&ED .
As a lead member you will work closely with KPMG Partners on growing the SR&ED practice in the Atlantic Region.
Your organizational skills will enable you to direct the work of junior staff, including reviewing their work for accuracy and completeness. Additionally, you will research and prepare strategies for our clients and take the lead on the preparation SR&ED tax returns. The ideal candidate sets the standard for junior staff, by providing ongoing support and opportunities for professional development. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Client Management: Successfully develop and manage client relationships/expectations and work closely with KPMG Partners to grow the SR&ED practice in the Atlantic Region
- Project Management: Plan, organize and execute multiple engagements on time and within budget.
- Interviewing client personnel to gather pertinent supporting information and articulating compelling arguments to support SR&ED project claims.
- Examining client technologies, products and operations to determine which of their R&D activities qualify for SR&ED incentives.
- Keeping up to date with innovative technologies and trends
- Knowledge and understanding the SR&ED program and the desire to keep up to date with changes in legislation
- Reviewing the work of junior staff for accuracy and completeness
- Providing ongoing support and mentoring for the professional development of staff
Keys to your success:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering OR similar field.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in product or technology development in an R&D capacity or 2+ years of SR&ED experience
- Superior communications skills (written and verbal) in English
- High comfort level and knowledge of technology topics and related terminology
- Ability to conduct conversations to understand root causes for issues and grasp key development concepts in R&D scope
- Ability to work closely with clients of all training backgrounds and to manage client expectations
- Ability to prioritize tasks for multiple clients to consistently achieve delivery milestones
- Knowledge of tax rules relating to the CRA's SR&ED program would be an asset
- A desire for self-improvement through continuous learning
- A demonstrated business acumen and an adaptable growth mindset is invaluable
Individuals who take deep personal accountability for their work, have a passion for excellence, driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other. A KPMG professional should have all the following characteristics:
- Be exposed to new and exciting technologies and state-of-the art innovations in a wide range of industries
- Gain valuable business experience to complement your technical training
- Build and manage client relationships at multiple client levels; ranging from the engineering level to upper management
- Promote the advancement of scientific innovation and technology in Canada
#LI-GD1 Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office in the course of their duties.
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.