Permanent Primary Location:
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada All Available Locations:
Calgary; Edmonton; Halifax; Ottawa; Toronto
External Posting Description
Cloud has transformed the way technology enables the business. It represents a radical shift in how IT services are obtained, used, and managed. Firms are navigating through the various cloud options and deciding between private, public, or a combination across different and dynamic provider ecosystems. Our clients are empowered to think outside the box and provide innovative solutions to our customers
Deloitte's Cloud and Infrastructure Practice
Deloitte is an industry leader in our clients' Digital transformations. We recognize that the backbone enabling our clients' highest aspirations for analytics and cognitive solutions is next-gen Cloud infrastructure. From cloud consulting, to implementation, and ongoing managed services we offer a full scope of Cloud services and solutions. We want talent who is ready to innovate cloud services and empower our clients to leap frog forward in their technical capabilities. Building your career at Deloitte offers the opportunity to work with cutting-edge Cloud technologies to deliver next-Gen Cloud solutions. We embrace the tech pioneer mindset and always enable our talent to keep their skills evolving at the speed at which the technology marketplace is evolving
As a Senior Manager, you are expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
- Engagement Management: Manage a project team including both Deloitte and client team members; develop project plans and estimates for the engagement; determine the client needs by selecting and applying appropriate approaches, tools, frameworks and techniques to assess the client's business challenges and deliver solutions; manage all portions of Information
- Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with client teams and staff; communicate clearly and consistently on objectives and activities; work closely with client to understand engagement change implications and facilitate implementation.
- Business Development: Identify sales opportunities proactively and participate in aspects of the proposal development cycle; lead the development of proposal technical content; own the development of sales presentation or market positioning material, participate in proposal presentations, engage clients in defining next phases of projects and aligning Deloitte as continued business partner; engage other service lines within Deloitte as appropriate to meet client needs; communicate new opportunities to Deloitte and assist in driving new business; nurture and develop personal networks with key client personnel.
- Practice Development & Eminence: Participate in the development of market-valued intellectual capital; contribute to the development of practical solutions and methodologies; participate in third parties and partners relationship building.
- People Development: Perform role of counselor/coach and act as a mentor to junior resources
External Posting Qualifications Qualifications:
- 2 or more years of experience in Cloud solutions (IaaS/ PaaS/ SaaS) Strategy OR Implementation for mid or large size organizations (this includes private/public Clouds)
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience, managing and delivering infrastructure/cloud solutions
- 4+ years of experience in conceptual/technical design
- 4+ years of experience with infrastructure or application architecture and solution development
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple engagements/initiatives/assignments
- Strong Client Relationship Skills
- Ability to work with Business and IT leadership
- Experience in leading consulting assignments, working with leadership to develop overall solution strategy
- Ability to lead workshops and customer interactive sessions
- Excellent articulation, communication and strong inter personal skills
- Experience in participating in transformation initiatives for mid to large scale organizations
- Experience in developing business case drawing tangible connections between strategy and financial-success metrics
- Proven ability towards driving business process improvement initiatives
- MBA or Advanced Computer Science degree preferred
- Professional Certifications - TOGAF, ITIL, AWS/Microsoft Cloud Certifications, PMP
- Experience with designing, migrating/implementing, or operating IT systems on leading commercial Cloud platforms, including AWS, Azure, and Google
- Experience with large and complex IT systems in an enterprise environment using virtualization or private Cloud technologies, including VMware, Xen, OpenStack, and Hyper-V
- Experience with containerization and container orchestration platforms
- Experience with modern development and testing techniques such as continuous delivery and continuous integration
- A background in software development and experience in configuration management (e.g., Chef, Puppet)
- Technology understanding of API management solutions and their role across enabling an enterprise clou
- Experience with cloud relevant application architectures such as microservices or building cloud native applications
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply