Permanent Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Atlantic, Canada All Available Locations:
Halifax; Saint John; St. John's
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality. What will your typical day look like?
About the team
- Planning and leading Canadian income tax compliance and advisory engagements for clients in a variety of industries
- Maintaining and developing strong client relationships on Canadian income tax engagements and be seen as a trusted business advisor
- Proactively take relevant and valuable tax opportunities to our clients and grow the practice
- Perform a quality level technical review and approval of Canadian income tax returns on engagements
- Identifying opportunities to improve operational efficiency and streamline work flow
- Coordinating with in-house tax consulting teams within Deloitte and with the Client's tax department
- Assisting with drafting and presenting new proposals to new and existing clients
- Providing leadership, counseling, and career guidance for the development and motivation of the engagement team
Deloitte offers clients a broad range of fully integrated tax services. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with business and industry knowledge to help companies excel globally.
A job in Tax will offer you the opportunity to:
Enough about us, let's talk about you
- Work in a stimulating and very high-energy environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical fields;
- Develop solutions through discussion with your team and clients;
- Continue to develop your supervisory/leadership skills.
You are someone with:
- Undergraduate degree; Accounting designation an asset;
- Master's degree in taxation or completion of the CICA In-Depth Tax Course;
- A minimum of 7-10 years of relevant experience in Canadian Tax (depending on level);
- Experience with project problem diagnosis, solution development, Client communications, facilitation of decision-making, documentation, management of Client expectations, project profitability and team leadership;
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Manufacturing and Production