Permanent Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
Have many careers in one Firm.
Are you an individual who is motivated by curiosity, driven for success and excellent client service? Do you like working in a fun, fast-paced and rapidly growing work environment?What will your typical day look like?
The Senior Lead role is a key leadership role at Deloitte. Accountabilities span all aspects of client services, from delivering complex DevOps transformation programs to selling and driving business with our customers, to managing and setting the direction of the practice and our people.
Key Roles & Responsibilities include:
About the team
- Lead Deloitte and client technical teams that cover one or more of the following disciplines: deployment and configuration management, release management, technical cutover, environments management and infrastructure automation
- Architect DevOps/Agile Delivery Framework solutions for our clients by assembling leading DevOps practices for application and infrastructure services from development through to production to achieve business outcomes.
- Liaise with Deloitte and client development teams, IT service groups and 3rd parties to encourage process transparency, mutually-beneficial design and delivery practices, and a clear view of roles and responsibilities across the Deployment Pipeline.
- Apply DevOps thinking - i.e. brings development and IT ops processes, people and tools closer together - in order to increase the speed, efficiency and quality with which we deliver technical solutions to our clients
- Provide DevOps thought leadership and mentoring in both advisory and delivery contexts, focusing on the requirements of our clients' customers and how these are best served by continuous improvements to our delivery approach.
- Identify, lead, and close business development opportunities while cultivating and building long term relationships with senior executive clients
- Set the intellectual agenda for all client engagements for which they are responsible
- Contribute to the growth and development of the DevOps practice and create a learning environment through leadership and by participating in the development and delivery of industry training programs
- Actively participates in professional association, industry, firm and community events and assume internal leadership roles focused on practice development (e.g., campus recruiting, thought leadership/IP development
- Actively mentor and coach team members and other junior resources across the practice
- Build business cases to help our clients understand the benefits that can be realized from a transformation program or by deploying a new solution
- 25-75% travel expected
Deloitte is an industry leader in enabling our clients' Cloud Transformation programs. From cloud consulting, to implementation, and ongoing managed services we offer a full range of Cloud services and solutions. Building your career at Deloitte offers the opportunity to work with cutting-edge cloud technologies to deliver next-gen Cloud solutions.
Our team is based in Toronto and has key clients spanned across public sector, insurance and banking industry segments. We look for our Senior Leads to continually challenge and grow their own technical expertise and business skills in equal balance, growing small teams around them and mentoring. The technology landscape is ever changing. We expect our Senior Leads to be passionate about their areas of focus, staying close to established and emerging trends.Enough about us, let's talk about you
We are looking for high-performing and dynamic candidates who possess a successful track record as well as the following requirements:
- Previous experience as an architecture or technical team lead, on a major systems delivery program applying different SDLC methods including Agile lifecycle Management, Version Control, CI/CD pipeline, Release management, Cloud and Infrastructure provisioning
- A Post graduate degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business Administration or similar domain and/or professional designation
- A technical background, with overall 10 years of professional experience and at least 4 years' experience in implementation work; for example, in enterprise Java development or infrastructure automation
- A thorough grasp of agile and lean delivery concepts and methodologies, and a history of successfully applying this knowledge to manage medium sized (5-10 people) technical teams
- Strong Architecture and design experience of products and services from current cloud vendors, e.g. Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Cloud
- Experience in a significant delivery or operational role during the go-live of at least two major web sites (or other large IT systems)
- A good understanding of solution architecture, design patterns and design modelling
- Strong general knowledge of the market and industry trends for "DevOps toolkit": continuous integration platforms, infrastructure-as-code frameworks, application release automation tools, Operations management, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS technologies etc.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work independently as well in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Experience with change management
- Presence in the DevOps and Agile community
The following would be assets in the role but are not required:
- Subject matter expertise in any of Insurance, Banking, Consumer Business or Public Sector industries
- Experience with advising clients in the following areas:
- DevOps portfolio Management
- DevOps strategy/Roadmap/Architecture
- Agility of Risk, Compliance and Legal departments
- Digital Strategy and User Experience Design
- Experience in business development with demonstrated sales in consulting services
- Experience advising clients operating in multiple industries
- Excellent understanding of software development life cycle management, and project management expertise
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally. Job Segment:
Consulting, Engineer, Developer, Computer Science, Compliance, Technology, Engineering, Legal
Management and Executive