Senior, IT Risk Assurance
Reference ID: RBC0005U
The objective of our advisory risk services is to provide clients with a candid and reliable overview of their risk landscape. Our solutions can be used by our clients to build confidence and trust with their customers, the overall market and when required by regulation or contract.
Within EY's Advisory - Risk Assurance practice, we are currently seeking a Senior to participate in client engagement teams, whereby he/she will be assessing, improving and evaluating our clients' business and Information Technology (IT) processes and controls, predominantly in their IT environment. You will have the opportunity to bring your knowledge and expertise to our clients in the following key areas:
• IT General Controls and Application Controls
• Data Analytics
• Service Organization Controls reports
• Compliance with various frameworks
• Through assisting other Advisory sub-services such as Internal Audit
• Performance Improvement and Cyber Security
Your key responsibilities
• Analyze business, financial and IT systems, and other data processing problems to identify risks and improvements in computer systems and IT-enabled business processes.
• Assist clients in strengthening internal controls and improve IT and business performance. Collaborate with other members of the engagement team to plan the engagement and develop work program timelines, risk assessments, and other planning documents.
• Ensure high quality in client service by directing daily progress of fieldwork, informing supervisors of engagement status, and managing staff performance.
• Demonstrate and apply a thorough understanding of IT trends to identify the engagement and client service issues, and communicate this information to the engagement team and client management through written correspondence and verbal presentations.
• Demonstrate and apply strong project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services.
• Maintain long-term client relationships and networks. Cultivate business development opportunities.
• Willingness to travel
To qualify for the role you must have
• A Bachelor's degree in information systems, commerce, computer science, engineering, business, finance and/or other related major
• Candidates must also possess or be actively pursuing related professional certifications such as CISA, CISSP, CISM or CIA.
• SOX experience considered an asset
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in managing and/or leading projects, information technology operations, internal audit or internal controls
• Experience in at least one of the following: financial statement audits; internal audits; operational audits; IT general controls assessments; Service Organization Control reporting engagements; and, ERP security and controls reviews (SAP, Oracle or PeopleSoft)
Ideally, you'll also have
• Experience with project management, information security or IT operations based in large enterprise resource planning systems, such as SAP would be considered an asset
• SOX experience considered an asset
What we look for
We're interested in highly motivated talented individuals with a strong willingness to think outside of the box. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you'll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving market. If you're serious about consulting and ready to take on some of our clients' most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: February 21, 2019
Closes: April 22, 2019