We are a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector. Globally headquartered in Montreal, where it all began, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond. We have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more.The Opportunity:
WSP is seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our Ground Engineering in Dartmouth. The roles and responsibilities will entail a combination of technical work and involvement in developing our ground engineering business including proposal writing, technical report preparation, senior technical review and client development.A day in the life:
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- You will provide project development and delivery (proposals, project management, client relations, team development and training);
- You will lead or perform the planning, field support and completion of geotechnical investigations for buildings, highways, bridges, retaining walls, slope stability, and municipal infrastructure;
- You will be responsible for review of construction materials testing and field monitoring of geotechnical aspects of construction projects;
- You will review and interpret monitoring information from geotechnical instrumentation and testing programs;
- You will prepare geotechnical design recommendations and parameters for analyses and design of structure foundations;
- You will be a technical resource in the ground engineering business across the life cycle of project work: problem definition, solution development, testing, engineering, commissioning and operations support;
- You will work to build relationships and business opportunities with other WSP staff in Dartmouth, the Atlantic region and around the company through constructive engagement and collaboration;
- You will contribute to a rewarding and collaborative work atmosphere in the office and remotely, and to engaging junior and intermediate staff in all disciplines;
- You will contribute to a culture of health, safety and protection of the environment by being a role model to junior and new staff and by giving industry and site perspectives to inexperienced staff;
- You will provide an understanding of our client's needs and deliver high quality service to ensure client satisfaction;
- You will be a key participant in team and client meetings;
- You will help develop and participate in strong interoffice and intercompany teams to achieve project goals;
- You will recognize areas for internal improvement and work with other senior colleagues to develop these improvements in the Atlantic region;
- You will endeavour to minimize our exposure and risk across projects; and,
- You will help identify partnership opportunities and capitalize on "add-on" opportunities within existing projects and new clients.
- Bachelor's or (preferably) post-graduate degree in Geotechnical (Civil or Geological) Engineering;
- 10+ years of relevant working experience since graduation;
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the Province of Nova Scotia or elsewhere in Canada;
- People skills and a desire and ability to work in a team environment;
- Interpersonal communication and critical thinking skills;
- A "Safety-First" focus and act as a role model to other staff;
- Leadership skills;
- A high standard of behaviour to uphold WSP's reputation and demonstrate a commitment to our Core Values; and,
- Valid driver's license.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.