*This role can be located in Seattle (Washington), Arlington (Virginia), or Vancouver (Canada).
Selling Partner Services (SPS) is responsible for several key elements of the Amazon flywheel. Globally, we ensure low prices for our Customers; we provide a rich toolchain for our Selling Partners to work with Amazon; we drive traffic and increase conversion through promotions and services; and we lower cost structure via various initiatives, mechanisms, and vendor funding. We underpin these solutions with highly scalable, automated, self-service extensible technology to help scale Amazon's Worldwide Consumer Business.
SPS Finance is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to be a key contributor on the Finance Controllership Operations team. This team is responsible for ensuring high standards on controllership and accuracy of financial reporting, including new project engagement and ownership of key financial metrics for the India marketplace
Ideal candidates are process-oriented, highly analytical, and able to work effectively across multiple finance, business, and technical teams. They should be fluent in technology and financial processes in a fast paced, global, and results oriented environment. They look around corners and can influence without authority via data and concise communications across levels and functions. Ideals candidates can easily understand the business line, supporting information technologies, and finance/accounting disciplines of each project.
Key job responsibilities
- Partnering with the Selling Partner Services businesses to achieve business objectives while raising the bar on ownership of controllership.
- Consulting on new business ideas to ensure end to end system, financial reporting, and operational excellence.
- Performing key reconciliations to ensure complete, accurate, and timely financial reporting.
- Translate requirements between different functions to progress projects forward.
- Researches and analyzes fluctuations between system and project assessments and reports on trends, material changes and recommends modifications or new controls.
- Able to drill into large amounts of data and extract meaningful business metrics.
- Able to manage multiple competing priorities
- 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
- CPA or MBA
- Experience in SQL or ETL
- Understanding of accounting transactions
- 3+ years experience performing quick-study on system architecture
- 3+ years experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- Experience working with India's Nodal transactions
- Experience supporting specifically accounting/finance customers to effectively manage expectations, project deliverables, and drive resolution when conflicts or issues arise
- Experience delivering solutions through technology and developing a deep level of understanding in a short period of time
- Detail-oriented individual that is comfortable interacting and working with cross functional teams
- Willingness to travel internationally.
- Experience writing and maintaining reports using Power BI/Excel Power Query.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Administrative Banking, Finance and Insurance