Description What to expect as the Senior Director, Payments at Elastic Path?
This is an exciting time to join Elastic Path and make a personal impact as we grow our ecommerce payments business. The global pandemic has accelerated the adoption of digital commerce platform technologies globally and has also driven the creation of our ecommerce payments business.
As our Sr. Director, Payments, you will bring your passion and deep industry experience in global payments to continue to build out our payments business as a core part of Elastic Path. Reporting to the Founder & Chief Strategy Officer, you will own the planning, implementation and overseeing of Elastic Path's entire payments strategy and operations.
This role will work with global teams across all functions of the company, and therefore a clear understanding of how to manage and work with teams asynchronously, will be crucial to your success in the role. Key Responsibilities:
What experience do you need to Be Remarkable in this position?
- Own and direct the payments business of Elastic Path
- Manage the partnerships between Elastic Path, our payment service providers, and third-party vendors
- Work directly with our product, engineering, finance, and compliance teams to shape our approach to the competitive and regulatory environment we are operating in
- Collaborate with our go to market teams on positioning Elastic Path Payments in market, and actively support our field team on opportunities
- Set and achieve KPI's as it pertains to our payments business
- Build & lead a high-performance team across the globe
- Work together with our finance team to implement and monitor onboarding, credit, and risk operations and processes
- Partner with our customer support team to implement and monitor merchant support operations and processes
- Improve & optimize on an on-going basis processes, workflows, partners and tools across the business related to payments
- Collaborate across all Elastic Path functions so to maximize coordination and minimize blockers
- Stay up-to-date with international financial services law
- Be an internal and external champion of Elastic Path's values and the team's goals
- Understand and apply Elastic Path security policies, processes, and controls as required, in day-to-day tasks.
Who we are:
- You have 10+ years of working experience in payments
- You consider yourself a jack of all trades when it comes to ecommerce payments
- You are passionate about and have a deep knowledge of ecommerce related global and emerging payments technologies, product solutions, commercial and operational frameworks
- You have solid experience working internationally with global payment systems, payment service providers, acquirers and alternative payment methods
- You are a subject matter expert on ecommerce payments, and have go to market experience in positioning payments as part of an overall ecommerce solution
- You have experience supporting a go to market organization in the field as a subject matter expert on ecommerce payments
- You have experience in the management of payment acceptance solutions and payment operations as well as in the implementation of new payment systems, including white labeled payments organizations
- You have a clear understanding and experience on how automation, integration and scaling can directly impact workload and sustainable growth
- You have a customer-oriented approach, with a pragmatic personality
- You are passionate about accomplishing goals and ensuring quality
- You are passionate about growth and make data-driven, well-informed decisions
- You are able to quickly adapt to a very fast-paced, international, scale-up environment
- You write and speak fluent English
- You have remote work experience (not required, but nice to have)
- You are willing to travel occasionally
Elastic Path is the company powering mission-critical digital commerce for the world's leading brands, such as Intuit, Pella, Deckers Brands, T-Mobile, and over 250 other leading enterprises. We pioneered the Headless Commerce space in 2011 and spearheaded Composable Commerce in 2020. Our vision is to build the most flexible, open, and modern enterprise commerce software.
Our culture is best described as supportive and driven. Our employees are passionate about what they do and work hard. And they are committed to the greater team, always willing to support others. Be Open. Be Remarkable. Be the Customer. Be the Team. The values we live by. The Perks?
At Elastic Path, we go the extra mile to provide you & your family with exceptional benefits, wherever you may be located. You can check out our specific perks by geography on our careers page . Apply Now!
Elastic Path is an equal opportunities employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We value and celebrate diversity in its many forms, and we strive to provide an inclusive and safe workplace where each person feels respected, supported, and accepted - however they choose to identify.