At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Our Technology Risk Consulting practice offers a range of information security and privacy consulting services, and is expanding to meet a growing demand. We are seeking a talented individual at the Senior Consultant level to join KPMG's information security team.
You will work on multiple client engagements simultaneously, including conducting threat & risk assessments, testing IT controls, designing cyber risk remediation programs and supporting business development efforts to continue growing the practice .
People who excel within technology and are passionate about continually adapting their skills and knowledge to find solutions that meet our clients' needs. We also ask for a keen interest in technology and business issues, as well as good communication skills and the desire to take on early responsibility. While you don't necessarily need to be a technical expert, we are looking for individuals who have an interest in cyber security and privacy, and have a desire to get involved in different projects but not necessarily have a deep background in technology (our current graduates have degrees in a variety of subjects). Most importantly, you'll have an appetite to develop your cyber security skills further and work hard to deliver for our clients. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Execute day-to-day activities on projects such as assessing IT controls, conducting stakeholder interviews, developing risk remediation
- Recommendations and designing security transformation strategies
- Conduct assessments of IT risks and controls in support of our external audit engagements, including attestation engagements such as Service Organization Control (SOC) audits and assessments of Systems Under Development (SUD) controls in large transformation projects
- Simultaneously work on multiple client engagements of varying size, scope and complexity
- Provide technical expertise and translate subject matter specifics into business language
- Help lead our clients through small to large scale cyber security transformations
- Communicate (written and verbal) findings, recommendations and other deliverables to clients including technical and business communication to management through the preparation of reports, presentations, analyses and other deliverables
- Take an active role in the business community to increase awareness of the firm's services; developing and maturing relationships internally and staff and with clients and target clients; identifying and assisting in pursuit of opportunities; assisting in development of marketing materials, proposals, presentations and research
- Lead and contribute to other practice initiatives, including knowledge sharing, training and other activities
Keys to your success:
- Ability to achieve security clearance
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Senior Consultant: 3-5 years of relevant experience in information security, privacy, IT audit or related roles
- Knowledge in one or more of the following areas is required:
- Threat and risk assessments
- IT audit, general controls testing and application controls testing
- Information security strategy and transformation programs
- Cloud security and architecture
- Business continuity and disaster recovery
- Information privacy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently, with little supervision and within a team environment
- Attention to detail and strong organization and analytical skills
- Industry-recognized designations/certifications would be an asset, including:
- ISSP, CISM, CRISC and CISA
- Willingness and ability to travel both within Canada and internationally for assignments
- A Government of Canada Security Clearance would be an asset, or the ability to obtain Reliability Status or higher. #LI-LM1
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here .
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.