You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
Our Technology Risk Consulting practice offers a range of information security and privacy consulting services, and is expanding to meet a growing demand. We are seeking a talented individual at the Senior Consultant level to join KPMG's information security team.
You will work on multiple client engagements simultaneously, including conducting threat & risk assessments, testing IT controls, designing cyber risk remediation programs and supporting business development efforts to continue growing the practice. Who we are looking for:
People who excel within technology and are passionate about continually adapting their skills and knowledge to find solutions that meet our clients' needs. We also ask for a keen interest in technology and business issues, as well as good communication skills and the desire to take on early responsibility. While you don't necessarily need to be a technical expert, we are looking for individuals who have an interest in cyber security and privacy, and have a desire to get involved in different projects but not necessarily have a deep background in technology (our current graduates have degrees in a variety of subjects). Most importantly, you'll have an appetite to develop your cyber security skills further and work hard to deliver for our clients. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Execute day-to-day activities on projects such as assessing IT controls, conducting stakeholder interviews, developing risk remediation
- Recommendations and designing security transformation strategies
- Conduct assessments of IT risks and controls in support of our external audit engagements, including attestation engagements such as Service Organization Control (SOC) audits and assessments of Systems Under Development (SUD) controls in large transformation projects
- Simultaneously work on multiple client engagements of varying size, scope and complexity
- Provide technical expertise and translate subject matter specifics into business language
- Help lead our clients through small to large scale cyber security transformations
- Communicate (written and verbal) findings, recommendations and other deliverables to clients including technical and business communication to management through the preparation of reports, presentations, analyses and other deliverables
- Take an active role in the business community to increase awareness of the firm's services; developing and maturing relationships internally and staff and with clients and target clients; identifying and assisting in pursuit of opportunities; assisting in development of marketing materials, proposals, presentations and research
- Lead and contribute to other practice initiatives, including knowledge sharing, training and other activities
- Ability to achieve security clearance
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in information security, privacy, IT audit or related roles
- Knowledge in one or more of the following areas is required:
- Threat and risk assessments
- IT audit, general controls testing and application controls testing
- Information security strategy and transformation programs
- Cloud security and architecture
- Business continuity and disaster recovery
- Information privacy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently, with little supervision and within a team environment
- Attention to detail and strong organization and analytical skills
- Industry-recognized designations/certifications would be an asset, including:
- ISSP, CISM, CRISC and CISA
- Willingness and ability to travel both within Canada and internationally for assignments
- A Government of Canada Security Clearance would be an asset, or the ability to obtain Reliability Status or higher. #LI-LM1
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office and/or other congregate settings in the course of their duties (such as client sites or third-party venues).
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.