To effectively deliver value for money and support stakeholders to achieve benefits, governments and businesses need efficient finance functions that meet the complex needs of their operations. We are seeking a Senior Consultant within our Transformation Architecture service line. As a Transformation Architecture professional, you'll work with government leaders to provide insights into business transformation. Through formal and on the job training, and experience of working with a range of global organizations, we'll help you achieve your potential. If you are looking to provide strategic advice to clients embarking on business transformation, this could be the role you've been searching for.
From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector practice of EY provides a full range of consulting and broader services to help our Federal, Provincial and broader public sector clients implement new ideas to help achieve their desired outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work, operational know-how, and creative and bold ideas focused on driving innovation. We support our government clients to achieve their mission of providing value for people and businesses in Canada, delivering essential public services, and. EY is helping our government to build a better working world. The opportunity
We are currently seeking a Senior Consultant in our Business Consulting, Transformation Architecture practice. Our team is focused on helping clients improve business performance and operational efficiency while managing risk. Our teams help clients by delivering assessment, transformation and process efficiency solutions in specialty areas like finance, supply chain, customer engagement, people and organization change, strategic direction, and program management. Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Consultant, an important part of your role will be to actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships through high quality work and thoughtful interactions. You'll also identify potential business opportunities for EY within existing projects and share these with your team members as appropriate. Similarly, you'll anticipate and identify risks within projects and raise any issues with senior members of the team. As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture, coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex strategy concepts.
• Deliver quality services. Value and model excellent client service by establishing goals and implementation plans to achieve high quality deliverables and within expected timeframes. Monitor progress, manage risk and confirm key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
• Develop and maintain productive relationships with clients. Focus on deliverables and client business priorities. Manage expectations of service. Understand the client's industry and recognize key performance drivers and business trends.
• Demonstrate high levels of technical and professional knowledge and quickly assimilate new knowledge. Keep up-to-date with current developments and trends in consulting services capabilities and industry knowledge. Skills and attributes for success
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
• Strong analytical mindset in terms of taking abstract questions and issues and structuring them into manageable, specific work streams
• Demonstrated consistency in values, principles, and work ethic
• Strong project management skills To qualify for the role you must have
• A bachelor's degree in Business or a relevant field
• A post graduate degree or relevant professional designation (MBA or MSC are preferred)
• Business consulting experience with large complex clients, supporting the delivery of successful, high-impact business transformation projects (e.g. innovation, operating model design, strategic investments, enterprise cost reduction and/or transformation)
• 3+ years' experience in industry or with a professional services firm along with a successful track record in the transformation space either as a business consultant or a role in industry within strategy planning and execution
• Experience in public sector and government
• Government of Canada Security clearance Ideally, you'll also have
• A willingness to travel to meet client needs (when it is safe); GPS practice is national and travel may be required in the future for work. What we look for
We are looking for passionate people with strong vision to lend subject matter expertise to the design and implementation of transformation for our clients. If you have a genuine desire to help governments achieve their full potential, this role is for you. What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and consulting services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply
Customer Service and Support