You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity: KPMG's Advisory practice is growing
, and we require strong professionals to join our dynamic team in Halifax. Specifically, our Risk Consulting
practice is comprised of business focused advisors who work to understand our clients' business issues and to develop and execute approaches to address these challenges. Our value is in applying and integrating our wide range of business, advisory, assurance, and risk management expertise to specific business and management problems.
Our Risk Consulting practice provides clients with a range of Advisory and Assurance services focused on strengthening business resilience, managing business risks, and driving business performance. These services include:
- Technology Risk Consulting (TRC)
- Governance, Risk and Compliance Services (GRCS)
- Financial Risk Management (FRM)
- Forensic and Investigative Accounting (FOR)
professionals provide a range of assurance and advisory services to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of internal audit functions, enterprise risk management programs, third-party relationships, regulatory compliance, governance and sustainability initiatives. We analyze and assess an organization's business strategies and related business processes and systems to help management understand and address business objectives, requirements, risks, controls, and improvement opportunities. Our professionals bring both deep technical and industry experience, allowing clients to strengthen their key governance, risk management and compliance efforts while optimizing business performance.
Example GRCS services include:
What you will do
- Internal Audit - provision of internal audit projects, including subject matter expertise required for topic-specific internal audits.
- Operational Reviews, Process Reviews, and Post Implementation IT Reviews - Assessing if client goals and objectives are being met and offering recommendations to improve performance, operations or service delivery
- Internal Control Advisory and Assessment - Documentation, evaluation, and improvement of internal controls, including but not limited to internal controls over financial reporting.
- Enterprise Risk Assessment and Enterprise Risk Management - establishment, execution, review, and improvement of enterprise risk assessments and enterprise risk management programs
- Regulatory Compliance - establishment, execution, assessment or audit, and improvement of regulatory compliance programs, governance, risks, and controls.
- Contract Compliance - establishment, execution, assessment or audit, and improvement of contract compliance programs, governance, risks, and controls.
- Board Advisory Services - assessing Board effectiveness and helping improve Board performance by aligning functions and performance to leading practices in corporate governance.
We are looking for a dynamic professional to join our growing GRCS
team as a Senior Consultant
. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in and perform planning, execution, and report drafting in GRCS engagements, working both as part of larger engagement teams and individually with guidance and review from more senior professionals.
As part of our Risk Consulting team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
What you bring to the role
- Participating in the development, implementation and execution of internal audit plans and providing operational risk advice.
- Assisting in the planning and execution of risk, control, and compliance advisory and assurance activities for internal audit, internal control, enterprise risk management, and regulatory compliance programs.
- Supporting the development, documentation, and assessment of objectives, risks, controls, organizations, business processes, systems, reports, and programs/projects across a wide variety of environments.
- Providing readiness assessments and monitoring progress on various projects/programs/activities.
- Communicating (written and verbal) findings and recommendations to the client including technical and business communication to management through the preparation of reports and analyses; preparation of advisory and assurance reports and related deliverables for internal audit, internal control, risk management, and compliance programs.
- Providing technical expertise to support other services.
- Contributing to other practice initiatives, including but not limited to knowledge sharing, HR initiatives, and practice management activities.
A successful candidate will possess a strong mixture of education, experience, skills and behaviours such as the following:
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Business Administration, Commerce, or other relevant program required.
- Working towards or holding a relevant accounting/audit designation(s) (e.g. CPA, CIA, and/or CISA) is strongly preferred.
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience with audit (internal and/or external audit) and/or relevant Consulting experience are desirable, particularly relevant experience in external audit, internal audit, process reviews, data analytics and/or evaluation of internal controls.
- Aspiration to pursue further relevant education and designations (e.g. CRMA, PMP, CMC, etc.).
- Highly motivated, committed self-starter who can prioritize work, multi-task and cope with changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be organized and methodical, with strong attention to detail and ability to analyze and interpret information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional maturity; demonstrated ability to effectively interact and build relationships with a diverse group of clients and colleagues.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Ability to work virtually and independently
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office and/or other congregate settings in the course of their duties (such as client sites or third-party venues).
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.