You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
Are you a talented individual with a proven track record on executing project deliverables.
Our Cyber Security practice is rapidly growing and we are increasing our capability in Halifax as part of our Canadian Regions East team. We are currently seeking a talented individual at the Senior Consultant level with a passion for Cyber Security to join KPMG's dynamic and thriving Cyber Security practice in Halifax. What you will do
Some of the following activities:
What you bring to the role
- Working on various cyber security client projects
- Executing cyber maturity and gap assessments against industry standards such as ISO27001, NIST CSF, CIS Critical Security Controls and COBIT
- Creating and/or assessing cyber policies, practices and governance frameworks
- Helping our clients with cyber security issues and incident response
- Simultaneously work on delivering multiple client engagements of varying size, scope and complexity
- Service Delivery: conducting research, performing technical testing, writing reports, conducting interviews and communicating regularly with clients and resources
A successful candidate will possess the following skills and behaviors:
- Knowledge in one or more of the following areas would be an asset:
- ISO27001 information security management systems
- Cloud security
- Business continuity/ISO22301 and crisis management
- Security strategy & governance
- Incident response
- Security risk management
- Security testing
- Security transformation programs
- A passion for Cyber Security and Technology
- Preferably a Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science or relevant degree subject.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of experience in Cyber Security, either in industry or a consulting role.
- Ideally in completion of, or in the process of completing, one of or a combination of the following designations; SSCP, CISA, CISM, or CISSP
- A good understanding of various IT infrastructure systems and components (i.e. servers, firewalls, network components, cloud infrastructure, etc.)
- Knowledgeable in the testing of security controls in different IT environments, e.g., Windows, Linux, firewall rule reviews, etc.
- Ability to work both independently, with little supervision and within a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills being able to express insights, both written and orally.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and strong organization and analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of business risks and audit risks.
- Has a high degree of personal confidence, enthusiasm and drive.
- Ability to obtain Government of Canada clearance.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office and/or other congregate settings in the course of their duties (such as client sites or third-party venues).
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.