Permanent Primary Location:
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada All Available Locations:
External Posting Description
The Atlantic Canada Assurance Services group is rapidly expanding, we are looking for a Senior Consultant in our Halifax office. Joining our team will provide you with opportunities to develop and hone skills, expand your internal and external networks and be a key member in the growth of our practice.
A career in Audit Assurance will offer you the opportunity to:
- Work in a fast growing and challenging environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical field
- Develop solutions through debate and discussion, in our teams and with clients
- Continue your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path
- Work with high profile clients on a variety of unique engagements
Our Audit & Assurance Finance team focuses on enabling CFOs and their Finance teams for success. We focus on applying our deep knowledge of financial reporting requirements, controls and processes to the operational aspects of Finance - "How" Finance does what it needs to do and where it can enhance the value it brings to the organization. Our core services include CFO / Finance Effectiveness Workshops, Finance Operating Model Assessments, Finance Process Mapping / Redesign, and "Fix Finance" projects (designed to remediate or upgrade finance processes, controls, documentation, systems and tools), and FinanceTechnology Advisory. As a Senior Consultant in Assurance - Finance you will:
- Review and contribute to the planning and execution of projects in the general finance space as well as in the area of finance technology advisory, as needed.
- Assist in the delivery of projects to improve finance functions in one or more of the following financial management functional areas: financial close and consolidation, management and financial reporting, software selection and implementation, shared services, and/or finance transformation
- Participate and/or lead current state findings workshops in order to understand and document key financial processes (i.e. procure to pay, financial close, reporting, etc.)
- Contribute to market and eminence initiatives, including development of new service offerings and marketing campaigns within the practice
- Develop and lead communications - both internal and external - relevant to our professionals and clients
- Develop materials for, and participate in the delivery of, presentations to clients and firm personnel
- Assist with creation of proposals and other business development activities
- Opportunities may arise to serve clients and / or support local office teams around the country and / or internationally
- As business needs arise, employees may be required to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job.
External Posting Qualifications
- Working towards completing or finished the CPA, CA designation and possess a minimum 3 years of relevant work experience
- Must possess strong technical skills (GAAP, control certification, securities and regulatory, assurance) and experience in and knowledge of Public Sector Standards, IFRS, ASPE, and internal controls and risk
- Experience in the public sector, real estate or financial services industries is considered an asset
- Expertise in financial management disciplines such as financial process design, budgeting and planning, financial reporting, financial performance management and business case development
- Additional expertise in one or more of the following areas considered an asset: Process Redesign, Business IT Strategy, Corporate Strategy, or Shared Services
- Capacity to think about requirements from a strategic perspective (options available, pros / cons of different options)
- Operational (ability to translate the "what is required" into the "how it's done)
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Problem solving (ability to "find it" and "fix it")
- Project management discipline and structure
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Broad advisory skillsets (capacity to help client explore issues / opportunities)
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities
- Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership
- Ability to communicate effectively in French is an asset
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply
Manufacturing and Production