Permanent Reference code
: 101390 Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations:
Burlington; Calgary; Kitchener; London; Ottawa; Vancouver; Vaughan; WindsorOur Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.What will your typical day look like?
In this role you will:
• Work with national group leadership in the management, administration, and maintenance of ongoing internal and strategic growth initiatives.
• Aid with firm eminence and client-support activities, including market assessments, M&A research, and writing internal / external research publications. These will focus on select priority industries, including cannabis and consumer goods / services.
• Execute on and lead client M&A engagements of a strategic nature, including market and company scanning, target outreach, commercial market assessments, and commercial model inputs assessments, as well as financial due diligence. About the team
The M&A Transaction Services team is a collaborative group that creates value for clients undergoing a merger, acquisition, divestiture, or even alliances / joint ventures. Our team supports our clients in all stages of the M&A lifecycle through our One-Deloitte approach. We engage on deals of all sizes in diverse industries. The team has successfully closed deals ranging from $5 million to $1 billion + in value and serve primarily mid-market private and public sector clients.
Deloitte M&A Transaction Services team is similar to large firms, but we have added many nice M&A services which we can discuss if you are interested in speaking with us.Enough about us, let's talk about you #deloitteFA
You are a highly agile candidate with a multi-disciplinary professional background and ability to conduct commercial and financial analysis for a variety of internal and client engagements. Candidate would be an effective team-player with the ability to work in small groups and on multiple projects while being adaptable to changing client requests. Initial responsibilities are noted below but may evolve based on ability and initiative of candidate.
As well as:
• 1-3 years of experience in a corporate development, M&A, corporate strategy, consulting, or financial role.
• Completion or near completion of an accounting or other equivalent financial designation (e.g. CFA, CBV, etc.) would be desired.
• Basic knowledge of financial statement analysis, modelling, conducting financial research, and market assessments is required.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills with excellent attention to detail and can be adaptive to unstructured projects and timelines.
• Knowledge and familiarity with S&P Capital IQ, D&B Hoovers, and other company intelligence platforms; bilingualism (English/French); and consumer or cannabis industry knowledge would be considered an asset.Our shared values
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
Apply by (insert date)
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Developer, Consulting, Equity, M&A, Technology, Finance, Management, Strategy
Apply now "
Customer Service and Support Maintenance and Technicians