Interested to apply Science/Machine Learning to the biggest Product Classification Engine for Tax on the planet?
We are looking to hire Snr Applied Scientist for a critical and strategic org within global Tax Technologies i.e. Product Classification for Tax solving classification problems using cutting edge technologies and Machine Learning handling billions of products.
As a Senior Applied scientist, you will provide machine learning leadership to the team that helps increase the accuracy of Tax classification for overall Amazon catalogue making it the biggest and most challenging tax classification using Machine learning models globally. You will build various machine learning models, push science limits, enhance, create algorithms that help us innovate in different ways to enhance tax classification experience.
You will need to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats, and work in a highly collaborative environment. We like to move fast, experiment, iterate and then scale quickly, thoughtfully balancing speed and quality.
Key job responsibilities
- Develop binary, multi-class, multi-label models capable of handling billions of traffic and predicting at scale with low latency
- Innovate and improve existing algorithms or build new ones to solve Classification problem
- Work closely with Software Developers, Managers, Technical Program Managers and Business leaders to build and execute solid ML roadmap
- Find innovative ways, targeting complex products having traditionally low accuracy and high compliance risks
- Collaborate with partner orgs to extend already built features and parter in multi year science roadmap
A day in the life
- You will be working closely with Software Managers, Technical Program Managers, Data scientists, developers and business partners to build and execute our exhaustive and challenging Machine Learning roadmap to train, build and deploy models at scale targeting geographies worldwide.
- You will get an opportunity to work with exceptional other ML scientists and collaborate
- You will be solving classification accuracy problems for billions of products listed on Amazon making sure we collect the right amount of tax from our customers and remit to the legal entities.
- PhD in a quantitative field and 5+ years of experience in a relevant field or MSc. and equivalent work experience.
- Fluent with at least 1 object oriented programming language (Python, C/C++, Java, etc.)
- Demonstrated working experience in a Machine Learning or related research field
- Proficiency in model development, model validation and model implementation for large-scale applications
- Ability to convey mathematical results to non-science stakeholders Strength in clarifying and formalizing complex problems
- Significant peer-reviewed scientific contributions in premier journals and conferences
- Strong CS fundamentals in data structures, problem solving, algorithm design and complexity analysis
- Experience with defining research and development practices in an applied environment
- Proven track record in technically leading and mentoring scientists
- Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.