Permanent Reference code
:116184 Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Toronto, ON; Burlington, ON; Calgary, AB; Edmonton, AB; Fredericton, NB; Halifax, NS; Kitchener, ON; London; Mississauga; Montreal, QC; New Richmond; Niagara; Ottawa, ON; Prince Albert; Regina, SK; Saint John, NB; Saskatoon, SK; Vancouver, BC; Vaughan, ON; Windsor, ON; Winnipeg, MB Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
Do you like working in a fast paced and challenging environment? Are you looking to continue your professional development in Tax? Are you looking to make an impact that matters?
When you join Deloitte, you will be joining the largest professional services firm in Canada and globally. You will team with our network of 13,000 professionals in Canada and those in more than 150 other countries and territories bringing world-class capabilities, insights, and service to address our client's most complex business challenges.
Working in our national tax practice, you will be able to draw on the experience of over 1,260 professionals from coast to coast to build your skills and career. Our people first culture allows you to bring your whole self to work and develop your career your way.What will your typical day look like?
In a post COVID environment, we are shifting the way we think about work. We have focused on re-architecting work as a flow, using technology to elevate your capabilities, and where you can unleash your potential. We have created a work environment where you and your team are empowered with the tools, technology, and culture to contribute your full potential.
Your typical day will consist of providing tax planning, reporting and compliance services to private and public companies while working in a diverse team in order to contribute to the tax advice to our clients. You will also prepare and review income tax returns for companies, partnerships, trusts and individuals along with examining tax provisions and prepare opinions and other documents.
What you will do:
• Provide well-reasoned tax advice taking into account relevant tax legislation and applying them your client's facts and circumstances
• Work with clients and our partners to develop and implement tax planning strategies
• Prepare and manage tax compliance engagements for corporate and personal returns
• Support our assurance practice by preparing and reviewing tax provisions
• Proactively build an understanding of your clients needs and work with our team to develop strategies to meet those needs
• Maintain and develop relationships with existing clients and participate in developing new opportunities
• Participate in professional development programs to further develop your tax knowledge
• Actively mentor and develop other team members
• Assist in creating a continuous learning environment through thought leadershipAbout the team
Deloitte offers clients a broad range of fully integrated tax services. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with business and industry knowledge to help our clients excel globally. In order to provide global solutions to complex challenges, we assemble diversified teams of professionals with distinct skill sets. You will work with a team that is primarily based in British Columbia but will also draw on members from across the country.
A job in Tax will offer you the opportunity to work in a stimulating and very high-energy environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical fields. You will also develop solutions through discussion with your team and clients and continue your professional development in order to progress in your chosen career path.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, law or any other related field; accounting designation an asset
• Master's degree in taxation or enrolled in the CICA In-Depth Tax Course;
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in Canadian Tax, ideally working with large organizations
• Dedication to professional and client service excellence;
• Superior verbal and written communication skills in English;
• Ability to diagnose problems related to projects, develop solutions and communicate with clients
Keys to your success:
• You seek opportunities to challenge yourself
• You team well with others
• You deliver on and take responsibility for your own and your teams results
• You demonstrate thinking beyond the task at hand and are focused on the bigger picture
• You gain confidence of others by demonstrating an understanding of business and interactions with clientsOur promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Compliance, Tax, Developer, Equity, QC, Legal, Finance, Technology, Quality
Management and Executive