You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
Are you a talented individual who provides exceptional customer service?
As a Senior Accountant you will provide a service that represents a high-value mark for our firm, helping companies assess their risk as they work to ensure transparency across their operations. Working out of one of KPMG's Regional offices, this role will necessitate the successful candidate being a well-rounded professional, as they will be leading engagements, mentoring junior staff, and developing close and productive working relationships with clients. What you will do
- Conduct financial statement audits for small to large private, public sector and not-for-profit entities as well as public companies.
- Assist with developing the audit plan and execute the audit of financial statements and notes thereto.
- Identify, analyze and conclude on accounting issues.
- Develop and maintain relationships with client management, including scheduling work and being a first point of contact.
- Leadership of engagement teams as well as coaching and mentoring junior staff members.
- Regular communication and interaction with Audit Managers and Partners and coordination with cross functional teams including Canadian Tax, International Tax, Indirect Tax and Advisory as necessary.
As an Audit professional, you will provide a service that represents a high-value mark for our firm, helping companies assess their risk as they work to ensure transparency across their operations. What you bring to the role
Keys to your success:
- Accounting/business diploma
- Successful completion of the CFE or working towards a CPA designation
- 3-5 years post graduate experience
- Excellent project management, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently, with little supervision and within a team environment
- Effectively monitors multiple or complex projects regularly to check how they are progressing against deadlines and budget
- Excellent client service skills with an aptitude to understand the clients' business and maintain strong client relationships
- Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service and professional in the performance of duties
- Uses previous experience and technical knowledge to the benefit of the client
- Able to use a range of techniques to analyze an issue
- Effectively monitoring multiple or complex projects regularly to check how they are progressing against deadlines.
- Excellent client service with an aptitude for understanding the clients' business, and maintaining strong relationships.
- Dedication to achieving high standards of client service and professional conduct in the performance of duties.
- Using previous experience and technical knowledge to the benefit of the client.
- Effective use of a range of techniques to analyze an issue.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. #LI-ER1 Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office and/or other congregate settings in the course of their duties (such as client sites or third-party venues).
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.