At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Are you a talented individual who provides exceptional customer service?
As a Senior Accountant you will provide a service that represents a high-value mark for our firm, helping companies assess their risk as they work to ensure transparency across their operations. Working out of one of KPMG's Regional offices, this role will necessitate the successful candidate being a well-rounded professional, as they will be leading engagements, mentoring junior staff, and developing close and productive working relationships with clients. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Conduct financial statement audits for small to large private, public sector and not-for-profit entities as well as public companies.
- Assist with developing the audit plan and execute the audit of financial statements and notes thereto.
- Identify, analyze and conclude on accounting issues.
- Develop and maintain relationships with client management, including scheduling work and being a first point of contact.
- Leadership of engagement teams as well as coaching and mentoring junior staff members.
- Regular communication and interaction with Audit Managers and Partners and coordination with cross functional teams including Canadian Tax, International Tax, Indirect Tax and Advisory as necessary.
Keys to your success:
- Accounting/business diploma
- Successful completion of the CFE or working towards a CPA designation
- 2 - 3+ years post graduate experience
- Excellent project management, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently, with little supervision and within a team environment
- Effectively monitors multiple or complex projects regularly to check how they are progressing against deadlines and budget
- Excellent client service skills with an aptitude to understand the clients' business and maintain strong client relationships
- Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service and professional in the performance of duties
- Uses previous experience and technical knowledge to the benefit of the client
- Able to use a range of techniques to analyze an issue
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here .
-ER1 Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.