21476 Position Type:
Various Locations,BC, Canada Location:
Canfor's strength comes from the diversity of our skilled and resilient workforce. As our company continues to grow and diversify, so do our career opportunities. Let us take this opportunity to tell you how you could be the best fit for Canfor.
As we continue to grow our company and our markets, find out how you can grow your career with us. Each year we hire numerous employees into term positions (4, 8, 10 & 11 month contracts) to work within our Woodlands locations in BC and Alberta located in Prince George, Vanderhoof, Houston, Fort St. John, the Kootenays, and Grande Prairie (AB). These opportunities have flexible start and end dates and can lead to full-time employment. The Opportunity:
You're the motivated, problem solving and ambitious type who likes to keep moving, stay challenged, and work with your hands. Our forest management opportunities are the ideal match for your ability to continuously learn and getting a bit of dirt on your boots doesn't faze you in the least. Bring your strong work ethic and a mindset of safety to this challenging yet rewarding role. The Roles: Planning and Field Operations:
- Timber stratification and preliminary feature identification using Lidar data and imagery
- Road and cut block layout
- Site level plans and ecosystem data collection
- Operational cruising
- Field information mapping stream and riparian assessments
- Supervision of planting, vegetation management, and site preparation activities to ensure compliance with Canfor's safety, environmental, and quality standards
- Field Assistants will also be involved in completion of post-harvest prescriptions, regeneration surveys, and updating of key Silviculture databases following completion of activities
- Current or past enrollment in a forestry or natural resources management program, and/or forestry work experience.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to perform physically demanding fieldwork in a team environment.
- A valid Class 5 driver's license
Our Talent Acquisition team is actively recruiting
for this role. If you would like to be considered, please apply today.
At Canfor, diversity means understanding, recognizing and valuing
the differences that make each person unique. We see inclusion and diversity as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, innovation and competitive advantage. We strive for a fair and equitable recruitment process
, where hiring decisions are based on the individual qualifications and experience of each applicant. We are not your run of the mill forest products company, join us and find out why. #canfortalent Job Segment:
Temporary, Recruiting, Contract, Human Resources