EY's people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
Within EY's Service Delivery Center IT Advisory practice, we are currently seeking a Senior Staff to participate in and supervise multiple client engagement teams and other related activities. This professional will serve as a fieldwork leader of our IT Advisory services based out of the Halifax, NS area. While the majority of work would be in Nova Scotia, some travel to the US and other Atlantic Provinces may be required.
The successful candidates have successful track record as a consulting practitioner, have a reputation as a leader amongst their peers, in their field and in their community and are ready for the next stage of their career journey. Required Experience/Skills:
• A University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered; Required Qualifications:
• Senior 5+ years of experience
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
• Consulting experience is considered an asset;
• Experience working in the Public and Private sectors is considered an asset;
• Good organizational skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision as well as effectively within a Team;
• Experience working in the Financial sector is considered an asset;
• Work on data acquisition, ingestion onto the Hadoop platform, and using Hive to transform data and extract.
• Ability to Work with business stakeholders and other SMEs to understand high-level business
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are mandatory; and
• Willingness to travel if required.
• 5+ years of experience with Big Data tools and technologies including working in a Production environment of a Hadoop Project
• Hands on experience with Podium, Hive, Oozie and Sqoop
• Programming experience in Bash and Python scripting
• At least 5+ years hands on Java development experience
• Big Data Development using Hadoop Ecosystem including Pig, Hive and other Cloudera tools
• Analytical and problem solving skills, applied to a Big Data environment
• Experience with large-scale distributed applications
• Proven understanding and related experience with Hadoop, HDFS, HBase, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Hue, Git and/or MapReduce
• Hands-on experience with related/complementary open source software platforms and languages (e.g. Java, Linux, Apache, Perl/Python/PHP, Chef, Puppet)
• Experience with Agile methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlog
• Prefer experience with Cloudera Hadoop distribution components and custom packages.
• Traditional Data Warehouse/ETL experience
• Experience with multiple languages and environments;
• Experience with mobile-oriented development (native or responsive web design);
• Experience with service-oriented architecture, web services, and similar technologies;
• Consulting experience; and
• Experience working in the public, healthcare, GIS, pharmaceutical, insurance or financial sectors;
If interested, please email your resumes to Kirsten.Stephen@ca.ey.com EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.