EY IT Consulting is a fast-moving, high-growth area with huge potential. This team offers variety, challenge, responsibility and the opportunity to realize your leadership potential. Being a member of our consulting team means you will specialize in a particular competency - Risk, Performance Improvement, or IT Risk & Assurance. Our Performance Improvement team is focused on helping clients improve operational efficiency and security, while also reducing costs and managing risk.
We help clients by delivering assessment, transformation and process efficiency solutions in specialty areas like finance, supply chain, IT Advisory, customer, people and organization change, strategic direction, and program management. To address the shifting landscape of our clients' needs, EY has established a national Center of Excellence focusing in the broad topics of Enterprise Intelligence, Risk Transformation, IT Risk, and Enabling Technologies. Enabling Technologies primarily focuses on the design and optimization of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) packages like SAP, Oracle, and others. Our team typically works with Fortune 1000 clients across a variety of industries including, Manufacturing, Pharma, Energy/Utilities, Transportation, Telecommunications, Entertainment/Media, Oil/Gas and Consumer Goods/Retail.
We currently have a career opportunity for a Manager in our IT Consulting group. The individual will work directly with clients to transform their business challenges leveraging technology solutions. The goal is to support our clients' efforts to make their business units more effective and efficient and, where required, provide services in connection with the development and implementation of technology solutions, specifically with SAP BW and BI Platforms. Our experience is also important to the analysis of specific business requirements for alignment with technology architecture, and technology infrastructure design that support the line of business IT organizations of our clients.
The SAP BW/BI Solution Architect links the business mission, strategy, and processes of an organization to its IT strategy, and documents this using multiple architectural models or views that show how the current and future needs of an organization will be met in an efficient, sustainable, agile, and adaptable manner. Your key responsibilities
• Participate in client and EY internal engagements. • Work with client teams and EY teams to arrive at enterprise solution that is scalable, adaptable and in synchronization with ever changing business needs. • Provide subject matter expertise, design expertise and engagement management for SAP data and analytics solutions. • Deep knowledge of the overall SAP BI/BW roadmap and experience with assisting clients to understand the myriad of options available to them. This should include preparing the business case to define an appropriate roadmap for their business and ultimately helping them in executing that roadmap. • Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating senior team members on progress. • Help prepare reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties. • Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel. • Build strong internal relationships within EY Consulting Services and with other services across the organization. Skills and attributes for success
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in implementing SAP BW/BI solutions Experience with IT strategy, solution and enterprise architecture. • Deliver full life-cycle SAP reporting solutions (including Prepare, High Level Design, Detailed Design, Build, Test, Deploy and Support phases) in Business Intelligence (BI) using SAP HANA and BusinessObjects platforms or hybrid BW scenarios. • Deep experience in SAP HANA data modeling using Calculation Views (Graphical and Scripted) as well as Virtual Data Models, HANA Data Provisioning and HANA security. • Implementation/Migration experience of moving SAP BW to the SAP HANA platform as well as excellent experience with BW on HANA and BW/4HANA. • Knowledge of SAP ECC data model and analysis is a must. • Experience with the BusinessObjects suite of products including Analysis for Office, Lumira, Design Studio and Web Intelligence. • Preferred candidates will have HANA Application/Implementation Certification as well as BW Certification. Optional
• Open Group Certified Architect (I, II or II) • Predictive Analytics Experience • TOGAF Certified Ideally, you'll also have
• A bachelor's degree and approximately 5+ years of related work experience; • A degree in computer science, engineering or a related field (MBA or MS degree preferred). • Experience with SAP BPC (Business Planning & Consolidation) and/or BPC on HANA. • Systems thinking - the ability to see how parts interact with the whole (big picture thinking) • Ability to explain complex technical issues in a way that non-technical people may understand • Project and program management planning and organizational skills • Ability to deal with abstract concepts and communicate these effectively through compelling written and graphical materials • Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise a team of technology advisors through all phases of the technology life cycle, including requirements definition, architecture, design, development, implementation, conversion and testing • Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills, coupled with a strong interest in further developing and integrating operations with technology skills What we look for
We're interested in passionate leaders with a strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the IT Consulting Group. If you have a strong passion for helping businesses achieve their IT strategy, this role is for you. What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry • Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career • The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We're committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world. About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply
Customer Service and Support