315 Herring Cove Rd, Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3R 1V5
Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community, and keep the customer at the centre of everything you do.Why this role is important?What you'll do
What you'll need
- Patient greeting and confirmation of accuracy of all pertinent prescription information prior to filling
- Data entry of patient care information into HealthWatch
- Third Party adjudication where required and necessary
- Accurate dispensing prescription medications
- Maintenance of pharmacy stock through inventory control systems
- General OTC enquiries from patients and referral to Pharmacist where required and necessary
- Handling customer prescription pick up
- Assisting with cashier responsibilities as required in the Pharmacy
- Registered with the corresponding provincial licensing college, where applicable in the province seeking employment, in good standing
- Experience as a Pharmacy Technician or certification from an accredited Pharmacy Technician program
- Excellent organizational skills and detail orientation
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated customer service experience
- Strong motivation to succeed
- Proficient computer/data/entry skills
J2WRRXWhy work in a Shoppers Drug Mart store?
Each store has an Associate-Owner, so you will work for a local business owner while having the support of a national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, flexible and varied schedules, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your patients, co-workers, customers and community.
Associate Owners in the Shoppers Drug Mart network recognize Canada's diversity as an opportunity to better serve their communities, and strive to reflect the nation's evolving diversity in the products they sell, the people they hire, and the culture they create in their stores. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct - it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.