Regional Supervisor - East
(Paladin Security - Healthcare Portfolio)
Reference ID: 328140
Paladin Security Group is the security company of choice amongst some of the most respected institutions in the country, protecting the public and government facilities. We are committed to offering the best employment and career development opportunities in the security industry because we want the very best and brightest people our industry has to offer.
Job Skills / Requirements
The Regional Supervisor position is responsible for overseeing security operations within assigned portfolio. This includes developing and maintaining security procedures, developing and coordinating strategies to support the program, coaching security staff, and working closely with other key stakeholders within the Health Authority.
TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as the primary representative for Paladin within assigned portfolio, including but not limited to directly liaising and working closely with all Paladin officers, Health Authority administration, management and other key stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Assist in developing, implementing, maintaining and evaluating an overall security program within assigned portfolio, including Post Orders, Policy & Procedure Manuals, and OH&S programs.
- Directly responsible for managing the security team within portfolio, overseeing the selection, scheduling, training, coaching, mentoring and overall support for Site Supervisors, Shift Supervisors and Security Officers.
- Assist in developing, implementing and maintaining security plans and high risk department evaluations.
- Conducts risk assessments and provide recommendations for security and safety improvements upgrades.
- Ensures site based contractual obligations are fulfilled, including but not limited to fulfilling all staffing requirements with a 100% shift fill rate, and overseeing a program of monthly inspection of fire extinguishers, testing of panic duress alarms, and education tracking.
- Promote awareness of security and fire safety to health authority staff by developing, delivering and supporting informational and educational programs and participates in the review of evaluation of these programs.
- Assist in preparation and management of the budget for the portfolio.
- Serves as a contact with police and other authorities for security related matters, and may consult on behalf of Paladin and other external agencies.
- Represent Paladin by attending meetings and serving on committees and working groups.
- Provide after-hours support for Security Operations within the portfolio, including providing emergency response to sites after hours.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience
- Successful applicant should have a minimum of 3 years security experience in a supervisory or managerial capacity, or a combination of experience and relevant experience /education, preferably in a health care environment.
- Applicants must also have a valid drivers license and a vehicle that will be used for work purposes.
- A diploma in Security Management, Criminology, Health Care Administration or related discipline would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of appropriate legislation and provincial/national standards on fire safety, building codes, security, and protection of privacy would be an asset.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to lead, plan, organize, delegate and problem solve.
- Proven ability to effectively supervise / manage people.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Effective communication, both in writing and verbally, including delivering presentations to group.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to function in a highly dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated professionalism in all situations.
- Physical ability to perform all duties of the position.
Education Requirements (Any)
Post secondary education in law enforcement from a recognized insititution or equivalent experience
Certification Requirements (Any)
Valid Class 5 License
Additional Information / Benefits
Thursday, November 1, at 1600hrs.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance
Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the Client Service Manager
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, Weekends.
Relocation is not required and travel is required occasionally
Number of Openings for this position: 1
Posted: November 9, 2018
Closes: January 8, 2019