Reporting to the Regional Manager, Medical Staff Retention and Recruitment, and working within the established
standards and strategic plans of Northern Health's Recruitment Services, the Recruiter, Medical Staff is responsible for sourcing, screening and engaging professionals such as physicians, nurse practitioners, and other medical staff, for Northern Health.
Using a strong colleague/client/candidate/community relationship management (CRM) service approach, the
Recruiter forms a collaborative partnership with senior medical and clinical leaders, local governments and other
community stakeholders to develop targeted recruitment initiatives for the particular community and/or profession and establishes close and productive working relationships with communities, schools, colleges, universities, and related professional associations. The Recruiter applies established practices in recruitment of professionals and adapts them as needed for successful implementation.
The Recruiter is responsible for ensuring the smooth and successful selection process and onboarding of assigned professionals into the Northern Health community, applying identified practices in recruitment and onboarding and adapting them as needed for successful implementation.
The Recruiter maintains consistent contact with Medical Staff Leaders and hiring managers, reviews policies and
practices that affect recruitment, onboarding and retention, and recommends improvements. The Recruiter
contributes to the development of regional practices through research of best practices in rural retention, recruitment and onboarding, identifying service requirements and making recommendations to the Regional Manager and internal recruitment partners. Qualifications Education and Experience
- An Undergraduate Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Human Resources or other related field plus
five (5) to seven (7) years current recruitment experience, including medical/clinical recruitment in a healthcare
environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- Registered Professional Recruiter designation preferred.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to think strategically and lead a strategic recruitment initiative.
- Ability to provide client focused services.
- Strong ability to establish and maintain professional relationships.
- Ability to engage stakeholders and build strategic partnerships and alliances.
- Ability to foster strong effective working relationships, both internal and external, at all levels.
- Ability and willingness to travel regionally, domestically and internationally by car or air.
- Proven ability to lead in the development of a service oriented program.
- Research and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of recruitment practices and interviewing techniques.
- Ability to influence change and manage conflict.
- Well-developed negotiation skills, and strategic thinking.
- Effective promotional and marketing skills.
- Ability to problem-solve complex issues towards creative solutions.
- Ability to anticipate and respond to changing priorities or unforeseen opportunities.
- Adept at the implementation and use of social media and other forms of marketing and networking media and
- Knowledge of current employment and labour acts and regulations and applicable collective agreements.
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and balance multiple concurrent activities.
View Northern Health Communities