The AWS Migration Acceleration Services team's mission is to help customers, partners, and internal teams accelerate the migration and modernization of applications. We provide a single destination that brings together a curated set of migration related guidance, tools, workflows, and people from across AWS. The services we build guide customers through the migration process, automate complex tasks, and provide proactive guidance.
We are looking for a motivated and results-oriented Quality Assurance Engineer II (QAE II) to join our talented team and help us achieve a comprehensive and efficient Customer Experience pipeline.
You will serve as the QAE for our core products, collaborating with QA team members, software engineers, product and business owners. You will scope test requirements, build test plans, and design and develop automated tests that drive the quality of our product. You will get the opportunity to define quality metrics for complex products, and identify trends to prevent future defects. You will work closely with Engineering, Product, Assessment and Business teams as you develop high quality test plans for new features. As a QAE II, you will also get multiple opportunities to show your leadership skills and recommend improvements across all services delivered and supported by the Migration Evaluator Team.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering scalable test infrastructure and products. A commitment to teamwork and strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
Key Responsibilities: -
- Define test plans and review them with stakeholders, improve test coverage, review and fill the gaps.
- Test at the appropriate level, both manually and with automated tools. You are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and work with engineers to understand the technical details of our products.
- Guide and implement testing best practices; including a variety of different testing protocols, tools and metrics.
- Work with the rest of QA team to help to improve ratio of manual tests vs automated tests by growing the automation framework and test coverage. Assist in building tools and frameworks for automated testing.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.https://vimeo.com/703842712/08526977caBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with the ownership of software project testing: defining test strategy, writing test plans, designing and executing software tests, iterative development process improvement
- Demonstrated knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build and release processes, continuous deployment, and test suite development and maintenance
- Familiarity with at least one programming language such as Java, C#, Python, C++
- BSc degree, preferably in Computer Science, engineering or other technical field
- Experience with Selenium or other automation framework
- Demonstrated experience in Quality Assurance(QA) automation test framework design and development
- Ability to write complex SQL queries
- Demonstrated experience utilizing high-quality automation to solve test problems
- Experience with testing methodologies such as BDD, TDD, regression, automation, exploratory testing, etc.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Law Enforcement and Security Quality Assurance