Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team - and that's exactly what we're building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We're also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion - find out more at www.allinforequity.ca .
This role has been posted in locations where we have a Rogers corporate site. We encourage qualified candidates from across the country to apply who can reasonably commute to one of these locations.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun?If so, consider the following opportunity!
JACK 92.9 Halifax is seeking a Promotions Co-ordinator to plan and execute fun station promotions. Reporting to the Program Director, this individual will need to work well with others and independently, think outside the box, as well as represent the brand of our station in an energetic and professional manner. What you will do...
What you will bring...
- Execute station events and on-site promotions.
- Assemble promotional proposals for internal and external clients.
- Write promotional scripts for on-air and online campaigns.
- Contribute to digital content creation for the station and format
- Develop, manage and execute station contests and promotions.
- Generate prize forms and prize packages.
- Assist in managing inventory of prizing and promotional air time.
- Attend all major station promotions and designated client promotions as needed.
- Attend and participate in weekly meetings as required.
- Manage the content and visual elements of the website.
- Manage and schedule hours for the Promotions Representative & JACK Roadies
- Manage the JACK Pack.
- On-air shifts as required
- Execute local social media strategy, activity monitoring and reporting.
- Actively grow station email databases and send weekly emails & newsletters.
- Other duties as assigned.
Here's what you can expect in return:
- Minimum one year radio experience is essential
- On-air/voice tracking experience an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated, team player with a positive attitude and a strong desire and passion to succeed.
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent writing and comprehension skills
- A great attitude.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours.
- Must hold a valid driver's license, and provide driver's abstract.
- Strong computer skills including experience with Microsoft Work, PowerPoint and Excel, Photo Shop, Wordpress.
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the "what" and the "how"
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ . Schedule:
Full time Shift:
Variable Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location:
6080 Young St. 9th Floor (003), Halifax, NS Travel Requirements:
None Posting Category/Function:
Broadcasting & Programming Requisition ID:
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media
Halifax, NS, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programsLooking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Network, Telecom, Telecommunications, Technology