The successful candidate will sit on the Management of MRL with authority and responsibility for managing a project to achieve successful project delivery and business outcomes. Responsible for overseeing all aspects of assigned projects. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, cost estimating, proposal preparation, contract negotiation, initiating projects, health and safety performance, monitoring and controlling project execution, documentation, communications, profitability and invoicing.
• Overall project planning, performance and execution – including costing, scheduling and quality control.
•Take lead role on projects, liaising directly with the client/owners, fostering a positive working relationship and ensuring the delivery of the project on time and on budget.
• Work with project team members, operations and all on-site personnel, capitalizing on individual and group strengths to ensure project targets are understood and achieved.
• Contribute technical direction to the pre-award process, planning, and estimating, and during construction, act as a technical resource for the project team.
• Manage projectized resources (manpower, equipment and materials) on multiple projects with operations from beginning to end.
• Responsible for project financial forecasting, cost management, contingency planning and monthly invoicing.
• Offer Value Engineering where appropriate and prepare and process change orders and extra work orders. Manage information on changes in the work.
• Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project. Applies the requirements of the Project;
• Oversee the close-out process. Preparing final records such as As Built drawings, substantial completion requests, warranties and the like to insure compliance with contract documents.
• Build relationships with current clients and subcontractors and scout future work. • Lead, motivate and hold people accountable.
• Maintain Training levels for employees. • Actively demonstrate values and hold others accountable to do so as well
• Manage all safety risks on the project. Qualifications Requirements:
• Post-secondary education Degree in Engineering or Construction (or related field);
•A minimum of 5 years’ experience of applied project management experience in civil construction including earthworks and underground utilities;
• Must possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with superior interpersonal and relationship management skills.
• Thorough knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating, purchasing and engineering principles and techniques, as well as accounting principles.
• Comprehensive knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications, costs, budgets and current construction practices and methodology
• Proficient with Microsoft Office programs.