MDA is seeking a Project Manager to manage two significant Naval Trainer projects, the Victoria Class Trainer (VCT) and the Submarine Command Team Trainer (SCTT) both based on-site at CFNOS in Halifax. The Project Manager will be the main point of contact liaising with DND and PSPC stakeholders, as well as responsible to MDA Management and for an off-site team.
We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated candidate with good communication and people skills, and proven experience leading teams and managing system, software and in-service support projects to meet the requirements of our customers. As a Project Manager at MDA, you will enjoy interesting and challenging work. You will be given the responsibility and authority to manage projects in high technology, engineering domains using the latest systems engineering and software technologies.
You will grow your project management capability and be part of a team of project managers in a company that is known internationally for successfully completing highly complex projects over the past 30 years. You will build, motivate and lead project teams, with support from various departments that will provide specialist staff, to achieve the project objectives. There will be opportunities to work with professional system, software and hardware engineers and you will feel a sense of accomplishment when you and your team deliver results to meet customer needs. Responsibilities
- Responsible for leading teams of technicians, software / system engineers and professionals through the entire project life cycle.
- Responsibilities will include delivering quality products and services within a committed (fixed price) budget and schedule, project planning and tracking, resource procurement and assignment, external and internal communications, risk management, contractual issues resolution, subcontractor management, and, most importantly, building a strong, well-motivated project team.
- Providing bid management and proposal management support to the marketing and sales team, including customer liaison, solution and costing preparation and review, to help win new business.
- University Degree, post-graduate course work desired formal management training considered an asset (e.g. MBA, PMI) further education courses desirable (e.g. business development, contracts, negotiation) or a combination of education and experience
- Management of In-Service Support contracts or system delivery projects for complex naval systems or complex naval simulators required.
- Naval background, and/or significant naval domain expertise.
- 5+ years of related management experience required (e.g. line management, team lead, coordinator, organizer etc.), in addition to experience in an engineering environment.
- Experience managing fixed-price or cost plus projects, ($1 &ndash 5+ million dollars) where you dealt with significant risks relating to scope, technology, cost and schedule is especially helpful.
- Knowledge of project and risk management techniques and tools with a thorough understanding of software and hardware development processes and methodologies.
- Have managed co-located and distributed teams of up to 10+ people (mix of technical, in-service support technicians, and/or customer service staff, non-technical admin support, including project accountant and contracts personnel).
- Proven ability to lead software focused projects, leading teams through requirements analysis, full software/system development life cycle, following quality standards, contractual requirements and taking the project to successful delivery and sign off by the customer.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required.
- You are known for your exceptional leadership skills, problem solving abilities, and strong capabilities in planning, organizing and progress control. You have negotiation skills, the ability to delegate, and the ability to work with all levels of an organization.
See how your career can grow with MDA. Please include a cover letter with your application describing a project you managed, briefly relate the project to the above requirements, and describe the main obstacles you faced on the project and how you overcame them.
For these contracts the candidates must be a Canadian Citizen and hold or be able to obtain a Level II Security Cl earance. Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
Posted: September 14, 2018
Closes: November 12, 2018