The MDA team in Halifax is beginning the implementation of a cutting edge, cloud based application. This application will bring modern programming capabilities to MDA&rsquo s existing expertise in Command and Control interfaces.
We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated candidate with good communication and people skills, and proven experience leading teams in completing software development projects. As a Project Engineer at MDA, you will enjoy interesting and challenging work. You will be given the responsibility, and authority to manage projects in high technology, engineering domains using the latest software technologies. As you grow your technical expertise, you will also grow your project management capability.
The Project Engineer is responsible for all aspects of technical planning and execution, the leadership of the technical team, and delivering a high quality system compliant with its requirements and meeting the customer&rsquo s operational needs. Day-to-day responsibilities include management of the technical team, customer, and subcontractors as well as execution of signed contracts and budgets. Responsibilities
- Leading teams of software engineers through an entire software/system development cycle.
- Delivering quality products and services within a committed (fixed price) budget and schedule. Includes work package definition and completion, risk management, and, most importantly, forming a strong, well-motivated project team.
- Bid management and proposal management support to the marketing and sales team, including customer liaison and solution and costing preparation and review so as to help win new business.
- University Degree, post-graduate course work desired further education courses desirable (e.g. business development, risk management, negotiation) or a combination of education and experience,
- Experience with delivering projects in a naval or maritime environment is desirable,
- 2+ years in the last 5 years of related team leading experience,
- Knowledge of project and risk management techniques and tools with a thorough understanding of software development processes and methodologies.
- Experience in managing co-located and distributed teams of up to 10+ people,
- Proven ability to lead software focused projects, leading teams through requirements analysis, full software/system development life cycle, following quality standards, contractual requirements and taking the project to successful delivery and sign off by the customer.
- Experience using Agile/Scrum methodologies is desirable.
- You are known for your exceptional leadership skills, problem solving abilities, and strong capabilities in planning, organizing and progress control. You have negotiation skills, the ability to delegate, and the ability to work with all levels of an organization.
Successful candidate(s) must be able to obtain and hold an applicable security clearance.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile