Reporting to Senior Manager, Enterprise Project Management Office Operations, the Project Analyst will act as the primary support resource for EPMO Operations activities including, but not limited to, project monitoring and reporting, staff and training, budget, document management, project management tool and template creation and revision, departmental strategy, and miscellaneous projects. The Project Analyst will also act as the administrator and designer for the EPMO SharePoint Document Management System (portal maintenance, site creation, site permissions, site design, report/dashboard/page design). The Project Analyst will provide a significant portion of the hands-on coordination, planning, and execution of work packages related to these activities. This role may also be assigned project administrative tasks.
- Conduct monthly reporting on EPMO projects
- Maintain/improve the EPMO Document Management System (SharePoint)
- Maintain and update EPMO reference materials and training materials
- Maintain/improve the EPMO Intranet page
- Support the Information Management Group (IMG)
- Take part in strategic discussions and activities, as needed
- Support and/or lead miscellaneous projects, as needed
- Adhere to project management methodology and reporting aligned with the EPMO
- Execute project tasks as assigned
- Conduct project administrative tasks as assigned.
- Collect, analyze, and compile monthly statuses for all active projects to create Civitech construction Ltd project dashboards
- Act as the administrator and designer for the EPMO SharePoint Document Management System (portal maintenance, site creation, site permissions, site design, report/dashboard/page design)
- Update EPMO tools and templates
- Develop and deliver content orientation and training, staff professional development.
- Support the EPMO by investigating operational-related problems/inquiries, and recommending and implementing solutions.
- Utilize various methodologies to analyze problems and define solutions to a variety of problems encountered in the role.
- Conduct requirements gathering, via industry standard analysis techniques such as data flow mapping, case analysis, workflow analysis, functional decomposition analysis, data modelling, etc.
- Participate in activities such as interviews, workshops, meetings, and/or training.
- Analyze and synthesize requirements into actionable items
- Carry out workflow and process redesign activities.
- Summarize updates on tasks via discussions and status reports in written, verbal or graphical form.
- Participate in project evaluation activities
- Identify, document, mitigate, and resolve potential project risks and issues of importance; escalate to Supervisor where appropriate
- Perform project administrative tasks such as taking minutes, documentation gathering, report creation, summarizing action items, etc.
The successful candidate will support a healthy workplace that embraces diversity, and complies with all applicable and regulatory requirements. This position is located at 32 Esquire Ln Bedford NS B4A 0K1.
All skills listed below are required unless otherwise stated as preferred.
- Education in business administration, health administration, information management or recognized equivalent combined with work experience:
- A community college diploma in one of the above noted fields plus 1 – 2 years’ of business/project experience supporting construction projects.
- A university degree in one of the above noted fields plus 4 – 6 years’ of business/project experience.
- Quantitative analysis and reporting experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to think creatively with a focus on results and outcomes.
- Highly dependable and motivated individual
- Strong analytical, deductive reasoning skills, sense of urgency, persistence, patience and creativity in problem solving.
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing deadlines provided by supervisor
- Attention to detail and the ability to translate needs into proposed solutions for review by a supervisor
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a self-directed manner with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (e.g. interacting and gathering requirements, presentations, report writing)
- Strong organization skills; able to receive tasks from supervisor and formulate logical sequence of activities to achieve the task.
- MS Visio experience (preferred)
- MS SharePoint experience (preferred)
- Formal project management education/experience (an asset)
- Bilingualism (French/English) and/or proficiency in another language (an asset).
Please Note: This 12-month full time contract position.
Salary Range: $31.68 to $42.71 per hour
Civiltech Construction Ltd is an equal appotunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted for an interview, please inform us should accommodation be required.