We are currently looking for a Project Accountant to join the team in Halifax who help keep our projects on time and on budget.
Reporting to the Operations Accountant based out of our Richmond B.C. office, but working day-to-day with the Manager based out the Dartmouth, Nova Scotia location. The Project Accountant provides financial expertise and assistance to Project Managers, working with a portfolio of projects ranging in size, revenue and complexity. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills in Financial Analysis, Operations or Cost Accounting in a complex project environment. Primary Activities
- Generate accurate and timely project budgets for Project Manager/Business Area/Corporate approval
- Generate fiscal performance forecasts for both existing projects and assigned planning projects for annual budget and half year formal update
- Provide forecasts for gross revenue, contribution, and cash flow on a monthly basis
- Produce monthly reports including Cost Trend, A/R, milestone status, updates to the fiscal budget, etc.
- Maintain and reconcile project cost reports Co-ordinate invoicing and billing schedules
- Assist Project Managers in the preparation of the project plan, progress reports, etc.
- Co-ordinate with Project Managers and Finance/Contracts departments to ensure all financial instruments are up-to-date and reflect project requirements
- Responsible for project invoicing (A/P) and billing (A/R)
- Track, in detail, all commitments, purchases and outstanding items and arranges shipping/customs details and documentation
- Analyze changes in costs, deliverables and/or services provided by subcontractors, material and procurement costs to determine effects on overall program Analyzing trend and preparing periodic reports comparing baseline costs to actual costs
- Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures
- Providing estimates of new and proposed forecasted costs
- Assisting in Month end close of the General Ledger
- Business-related university degree, or a combination of education and experience with a focus in accounting
- At least one year of related project accounting experience required
- Experience with cost accounting an asset
- Minimum intermediate level computer skills including intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong verbal and written communications
- High level of professionalism, initiative and creativity
- Problem solving/lateral thinking skills
- Excellent time management and prioritization and able to manage pressure and meet deadlines
Successful candidate(s) must hold or be able to obtain security clearance at Secret Level II.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Using the latest technology to change the world. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance