Interested to apply Science/Machine Learning to the biggest Product Classification Engine for Tax on the planet?
We are looking to hire an experienced Principal Applied Scientist for a critical and strategic org within global Tax Technologies. Product Classification for Tax is focused on solving classification problems using cutting edge technologies and Machine Learning handling billions of products against complex taxations rules that vary by jurisdiction, city and country.
As a Principal Applied scientist, you will provide machine learning leadership to the team that helps increase the accuracy of Tax classification for overall Amazon catalogue making it the biggest and most challenging tax classification using Machine learning models globally. As complexity of the space grows, you will help build the strategy for inventing to simplify this space in near future. Partnering with many of the established orgs in Amazon, you will help leverage and adopt solutions for this problem domain.
You will guide building various machine learning models, push science limits, enhance, create algorithms that help us innovate in different ways to enhance tax classification experience.
You will need to be entrepreneurial and work in a highly collaborative environment involving different functions. We like to move fast, experiment, iterate and then scale quickly, thoughtfully balancing speed and quality.
A day in the life
• You will be working closely with Software Managers, Technical Program Managers, Data scientists, developers and business partners and Taxation experts to build and execute our exhaustive and challenging Machine Learning roadmap to train, build and deploy models at scale targeting geographies worldwide.
• You will get an opportunity to work with exceptional other ML scientists and collaborate , working across domains of NLP, multi-class classifications.
• You will be solving classification accuracy problems for billions of products listed on Amazon making sure we collect the right amount of tax from our customers and remit to the legal entities.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
* Graduate degree (MS or PhD) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics.
• 8+ years of industrial/academic experience in data science, machine learning or a related field.
• Demonstrated use of modeling and optimization techniques tailored to meet business needs.
• Experience with leadership of experienced scientists as well as a record of developing junior members from academia/industry to a career track in a business environment.
• Familiar with programming languages such as C/C++, Java, Perl or PythonPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics.
• 10+ years of industrial/academic experience in a relevant field or domain.
• Demonstrated experience to mentor industrial Applied scientists/Research teams.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Solid track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.