Securitas Transport Aviation Security (STAS) is recruiting Aviation Pre-Board Screening Officers
As a STAS Airport Pre-Board Screening Officer, your responsibility is to ensure airport security through the screening of passengers and baggage. Your important role will also ensure that the screening of passengers is conducted in an efficient and friendly manner. Securitas has an excellent remuneration and benefits package available in a unionized environment.
- Must be people and customer service oriented, have an ability to communicate effectively during a crisis situation and deal with passengers in a professional manner
- Screen passengers and their baggage using hand-held metal detectors and/or manual search to ensure no prohibited items enter the secure area.
- Monitor the flow of passengers through the checkpoint to ensure efficiency.
- Test baggage for any explosive materials, using equipment such as explosive detection machines or chemical swab systems.
- Report all incidents and/or breaches using established communication channels
- Follow aviation regulations and standard operating procedures
- Verify passenger boarding passes to ensure validity
- You are a dynamic individual who works well within a team
- You are a confident person with integrity and have the ability to follow directives
- You have excellent communication skills
- You have a genuine interest in travel, aviation security and serving the public
- You can provide excellent customer service while under stressful conditions
- Bilingualism considered an asset
- Be willing to undergo extensive security & reference checks
- Be 18 years of age
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Be legally entitled to work within Canada
- Be willing to work shifts on a rotational basis, holidays and week-ends
- Be able to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 40 lbs. without difficulty
Interested applicants please apply online at http://www.bit.ly/screeningofficer
STAS Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applicants from the four designated groups; namely women, aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Posted: September 7, 2018
Closes: November 6, 2018