2021-887390 Non-Union Position:
Pharmacy Technician Department:
: Permanent Part-time (Must provide availability of up to 0.6 FTE) Hours:
Various rotating; 7.5 hour shifts ( Hours are subject to change based on operational needs.) Site:
Georgetown, some shifts at the Milton Site Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we take healthcare to a new level to meet the urgent needs of ourcommunity's growing and aging population. We are adistinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community. Halton Healthcare's vision of Exemplary patient experiences, always , goes beyond just the patient experience; it has shaped our entire culture and remains at the core of every interaction in our organization, from our patients & families to our staff, physicians and volunteers. We believe in exemplary PEOPLE experiences always! This is what you will be doing: Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
This is what you will need to do it:
- Responsible for technical tasks within the automated unit dose drug distribution system including restocking of Omnicell automated dispensing units, dispensing and compounding of patient specific prescription, distribution and control of narcotic and controlled drugs and other inventory management tasks.
- Prepackaging of unit doses and preparation of sterile pharmaceutical products .
- Completion of a recognized college level Pharmacy Assistant or Technician Program required
- Registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (OCP)
- Previous hospital experience with unit dose and/or automated drug distribution system and intravenous admixture service required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to participate in a team environment
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position
- Satisfactory employment and attendance recordrequired
November 16, 2021Internal Applicants Due By:
November 23, 2021
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with Directive #6, Halton Healthcare has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. All new hires must be fully compliant with our Policy as a condition of employment with Halton Healthcare. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of vaccination or proof of a documented medical exemption as part of the hiring process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke-free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals' health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. , We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.