Position Summary PEST CONTROL/HEAT TREATMENT OPERATOR Job ID: 4014 REGULAR/FULL-TIME Location: COQUITLAM, BC To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada. THE ORGANIZATION
- Join one of BC's Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people. Our mission
is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they've helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they're here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees' current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status ** PEST CONTROL/HEAT TREATMENT OPERATOR POSITION SUMMARY
Operates heat treatment and pest control equipment in the provision of effective treatment of bed bug and other pest infested areas on Commission-owned properties, including those operated by non-profit housing providers. CANDIDATE PROFILE The successful candidate will have the following: QUALIFICATIONS:
- Valid driver's license required - employee must be able to meet travel requirements of the Commission within the lower mainland
- Grade 12
- Ability to work shift work or weekends if required
- Good organizational/problem solving skills
- Basic MS Office skills (Word, Outlook, etc.)
- This position requires considerable physical labour, lifting, climbing stairs, exposure to heat, a medical clearance certification may be required
- Experience in tenant/client relations and problem resolution
- Preference given to previous experience providing pest control services and to those who have previously operated Temp Air heat treatment equipment
- A valid Class 5 BC driver's licence and satisfactory driving record.
: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check