The Onshore Training Senior Developer will design and develop training materials based on specifications of the client engagement. Development of these training materials could include content for large, complex technology transformations (e.g., SAP, Guidewire, Oracle, and PeopleSoft), by collaborating with client and firm subject matter resources and onsite and offshore team members to collect relevant content and use specialized authoring tools to create training materials for clients.
Essential Functions of the Job:
• Collaborate with client and firm subject matter resources to identify and validate relevant content to manage development of training materials (e.g., video, print, audio, web-based training, simulations) for instructor-led and computer-based courses • Manage interactions with business support services, client-facing teams, and offshore development resources to ensure that materials meet client training design specifications • Leverage instructional design principles and utilize eLearning authoring tools to create training materials. The end user training to be performed is in support of Tech and process based implementations (could be SAP, Guidewire, Oracle /PeopleSoft, etc.) • Supervise the instructional design and development activities of three to four Onshore Training Developers to validate that their materials meet client training specifications and generally accepting adult learning principles • Improve and finalize training materials after review by EY and client leadership • Collaborate with client and firm subject matter resources to identify the correct evaluation/assessment instrument to evaluate effectiveness of client training • Update training materials based on feedback survey data points
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
• Validate that SMR submissions and other learning source content meet client training specifications and adult learning principles • Understanding the client culture and other learning related needs; and ensuring that training materials are focused on meeting those needs • Provide job specific example of a challenge and type of decision that would be required • You need to manage the development of training for large, globally distributed consumer products firm with a heavy represented population. What are some of the elements that you would consider in developing a training strategy for this client? What are some of the things you need to look out for as you are designing and developing this content? • You need to manage the development of training for regional, financial services firm with a large percentage of the population that has worked for the firm more than 15 years. What are some of the elements that you would consider in developing a training strategy for this client? What are some of the things you need to look out for as you are designing and developing this content? • You need to manage the development of training for start-up new technology company with several major offices in six urban centers. What are some of the elements that you would consider in developing a training strategy for this client? What are some of the things you need to look out for as you are designing and developing this content?
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
• Ability to determine appropriate learning/training materials approach, based on training needs analysis, and ability to collaborate with client and firm subject matter resources to validate and develop the materials • Demonstrated knowledge of Instructional Design principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects • Knowledge of media production, communication techniques and methods - to include experience with alternative ways to inform and motivate learners • Excellent oral and written communication skills to manage the conversion of raw content into usable training materials • Working knowledge and understanding of at least two of the following required - Articulate Storyline 2, Captivate, Lectora, Camtasia, Adobe Creative Suite UPK, uPerform, and VideoScribe
• The Onshore Training Senior Developer works independently with minimal supervision. Responsible for supervising the work of Offshore and Onshore Training Developers. • Daily activities will include the simultaneous development of multiple projects in a flexible and ambiguous work environment. • Works on technical production matters with senior project team members to obtain direction and guidance
• Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design, Education, Educational Psychology or related field required • Master's degree preferred
• A minimum of three to six years of progressively responsible training and development experience required • Experience with complex technology transformations (e.g., SAP, Oracle, Guidewire) related training required
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.